Any VS fighting games freak?

alexis

Every sunday we go over to my grandmas and my cousin, my little brother, and I play fighting games almost all day! We play a little marvel vs. capcom and some rival schools, but it all ends with a red thumb. My cousin loves snk games so we always play a little garou and kof. :lol:

Street Fighter player all the way. I only really like 2D fighters, although the EX and RS/PJ games are great too.

Play me in Tekken and you are guaranteed to look like an expert. Same goes for Soul Calibur and MK:DA.

• 2 months later...

Your talking to one hehe. I am a huge fighting game fan. First thing in Arcades I go to is fighting games. However I think the new fighting games are just horrible. I was playing Virtua Fighter 4 and I nearly fell asleep. There isn't that "humph" anymore with Fighting Games as there were before. I really got back into emulation because of fighting games in 2001. I figured out about emulation in 1999 with GameBoy Color Games.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm a freak too, started with Street Fighter II back in the arcades then on the SNES. Mortal Kombat was the next big thing in arcades and on SNES and Genesis. I also played Killer Instict in arcades and on SNES, bruising my thumb so badly once that I couldn't really move it the next day.

High school was some SF Alpha, SF3 and mostly Tekken 3. My little brother and I battled Bryan Fury vs. King for 8 hours straight once.

First year of college I waited in line for 12 hrs straight on the PS2 launch date and got Tekken Tag as my first PS2 game. There were many multitap battles playing that. I have since stopped playing Tekken because 4 was a piece of crap.

Virtua Fighter 4:Evo is probably the deepest fighting game (new Quest modes is nice) and Soul Calibur 2 a close second. I beat Soul Calibur 2's Weapon Master using Charade for 95% of the time in a week, so that's why I don't consider it as advanced.

My Favorite fighters have to be SNK though. Lastblade 2, Garou: MOtW and the KOF Series (I started playing in 97) are the best fighters. My all time fav fighting game is Capcom vs Snk 2, which is closer to old school than the other Capcom games. It has one of the best rosters too. :blink: