Questions About the Dreamcast

I ran into a problem last night. I had to run some errands last night, and before i left me and my GF were playing DDR 2nd Mix. Well, when i left she was still playing, and when i got back, she was done and on the computer. Well, she had never turned the DC off and now on my TV there was a message say CDrom Error for DDR. I didnt think much of it, so i just turned it off and put everything away.

I had to run a few more errands that night, and my GF wanted to play Crazy Taxi 2, so i set that up for her and ran my errands. When i came back she was still playing, with a blister on her thumb ( tee hee). She REALLY likes Crazy Taxi, hehe. Anyways we decide we want to play a little DDR before we go to sleep, so i pop it in and i cant get it to load. It either freezes at the Dreamcast screen, or the sega screen afterwards. Well, i pop in SF3: third strike, and Evil twin, and they do the same thing. I hadnt tested those two yet, so im like prolly a bard burn, whatver.

So i pop a DreamSNES disc i have, and it takes forever and a day to load. The list is showing up like 3 roms every minute, very slow. Anyone have any ideas on what the problem could be? Im going to clean the DC tonight after i can get some ear tip cleaners. Could the DC possibly have just been to hot? Or...? hehe i really have no idea.

It could have overheated causing it to freeze at certain loading sections, I have come accross this with other console like my XBox for example, plus try running a game without the VMU's insearted, a bad file may be interfering as a game tries to load causing it to crash, maybe your girlfiend turned you Dreamcast off while it was saving.

Its worth a try...

some games are really weird and if you boot them with a jumper pack in then the game would do that, if you have any of those in take them out, i forget what games they where specifically, my friend evan had some of those games

also it could have been heat, it could have been dirty, or she could have been bumping into it like a clumsy ass while playing DDR (lol just kidding) or something could have caused the GD-ROM to go out of alignment, look at the guide i wrote, its stickied in this forum.

try one of those CD cleaners that has the bristles in the CD, or look at my DC cleaning guide (also stickied)

It's probably overheating, I always try to not let my DC on for too long periods at a time because sometimes it gets really hot and it will do things like that.

About the rumble packs and vmu's, I know that atleast one game (the backup anyway, dunno about the real one), it's Evolution 1 or 2, will not boot at all if you have a vmu inserted. I actually wasted 3 cdr's on it before deciding to read the nfo where it said that :ph34r:.

haha, oh well, sell the extra copies :ph34r:

theres actually a way you can legally sell them, figure out how much the CDR costs and sell the CDR not the software

that way your not making any profit, and its like you never bought it in the first place so its not a waste :bat:

oh yeah, and Evolution 2 boots with a VMU inserted, i just tested it (its the original), im too lazy to test 1 hehe