Questions about my Dreamcast

I was in the look out for a dreamcast in my area(they are hard as heck to find here) and asked my friend if he still played his. He said no and i offered to buy it from him, but in th eend he just gave it to me. I am now the proud owner of a practically brand new original Japanese Dreamcast!

Now my question to you is this, the reason he got a Japanese one was so it would be easier to play Import games, and he mentioned something about burned ones as well. Will i have any problems playing US games? And does it make it easier to play burned games or is he just imagining things?

I already have a copy of the Kof 99/2000/2002 tripple disc, and it plays fine, and is self bootable. I assume i may still need a Boot disc for some games though, am i correct?

What boots do you recomend? Ive used Utopia waaaay back in the day, so i know how that works, but i have heard dchakker or whatever is really good to.

Any other things i should know/worry about, that type of thing? And of course, thanks in advance =D

congratulations!! you are the proud owner of one of the best console's ever!!! dreamcast and xbox all the way. heheheh. as for your questions, I have a USA DC and it palys everything I throw at it, imports, & backups if it's running kof burned then it will run anything else burned import or domestic. try to get selfboots cuz boot discs are a pain. I have to use one every time I play my PS2 and it gets old!! utopia is the boot disc I use for DC but I only have 3 games that need it.

well i think you might need a boot disk to play the domestick us games, unless they are burned and self boot"bootlegs" but for real copies i think you might need a boot disk, and far as was type do you need i've heard that utopia suck and dchakker and dcie or something like that works good....

Well i ask him about US games when he gets on EQ today. I think its safe to assume he at least bought Soul Caliber when it was released, and if he had any problems id like to think he would have told me.

Now does anyone have any recomendations as to games? I currently have MvC2, SFIII second inpact and third strike, Fighting Vipers 2(wanted this for a while now), and soul caliber, and CapcomVSnk 2.

Street fighter alpha 3 is great on dc also vampire chronicles doa2 LE and then it depends on what you like, crazy taxi is fun shenmu is a must have for your DC

most images are patched, if not, get the patch from www.dccopyworld.com

but 99% of them are patched

I use the following...

DC-HAKKAR

Utopia Boot disc, 1.0, 1.1, 1.3, 1.5

DC-IE

Action Replay

Gameshark

and some others that arent really worth mentioning, those boot all teh games i need them too for me B)

DC-IE is somewhere on this site, Action replay and Gameshark are on suprnova and alot of DC hubs

DC-HAKKAR is on www.dcemulation.com