Zinc And Impact Won't Work For Me!!

Alpha

I prefer aldos frontend as well, da freaks didn't seem to work properly for me. Has anyone played Rival Schools on Zinc? I can't get the framerate above 30 for some dumb reason. Actually it's probably 'cause I got a crappy intel integrated graphics chipset...:P

Thanks for reminding me to check for a driver update! (I forgot how often they come out.) Unfortunately it's still around 23-27 fps. Oh well, it's probably just the fact that my comp. isn't really built for games...:(: Oh well, at least street fighter ex plus alpha2 runs pretty good still!

I prefer aldos frontend as well, da freaks didn't seem to work properly for me.

its funny you say that man, cause i had the exact opposite problem.:(: aldo's frontend wasnt working for me as well after i changed to xp. after i started using dafreak's instead, problem solved.:) who knows, you know what they say though, "different strokes, for different folks.". so its good that people have two different ones to choose from.

• 3 months later...

I'm playing under zincgui using D3d option

[don't know if it is aldo or da freak]

zinc is more compatible with

sound emulation better than impact....

the fps is just about 25-20 fps

seems Impact is more fast than zinc

but ah think bcs Impact simple option

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Zinc/Impact is the worst emulator ever!! I've tried to get the roms to run using all the different GUIs and nothing ever happens.

It doesn't recognise any of the roms (SFEX, rival schools etc)

I've managed to get Tekken 2 to run and that's about it. I'll just stick to using ePSXe to emulate these games...

I don't suppose you know something I don't...

• 2 months later...

well you could be missing the Zinc BIOS file. get it and put it in your roms directory.then try it. dont knock it buddy, Zinc rules.

well you could be missing the Zinc BIOS file. get it and put it in your roms directory.then try it. dont knock it buddy, Zinc rules.

Might be. Or then he tried to use the Impact BIOS on ZiNc. It's a completely different ballgame.