Raine 0.91.9

Tux

Just some quick hot fixes, mainly the region selection which was broken for neocd, a bad sound in opwolf which has been here since the old dos days of 0.28 and before, wrestlefest is back with some updated cheats, incredible that I didn't get any post about that finally, but I don't miss them (it was badly updated last time), truxton2 / snowbros 2  were hanging if using the 32 bit version (with mz80), and the status & clones settings from the game selection list are saved.

That's all for today !

http://raine.1emulation.com/download/latest.html

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the new release, Tux! ❤️

I have a request: could you make the alpha blend option a per-game setting? I've thought about this because there are some games that work great with the blend files (most of them as far as I've tested) but a few of them produce glitches in the graphics, such as KOF96 and KOF2001 (which I've noticed recently). So it's kind of a pain to have to visit the video options some times just for these few games to turn that option off every now and then when we run these games. Maybe it could be relocated for the "game options" menu?

I don't know if it would be possible or hard to implement this, but it would be a nice user-friendly change I guess.

Anyway, thank you so much in advance for your work. 😊

Edited by mer-curious

Easy way to do it : just delete the bld files you don't like, this will disable the blending for the game !

By the way there might be some update available for these bld files, and if not it might be a good idea to try to find who produced them to post about the glitch you found... Post here if you find where to post for that, I am curious to know !

Edited by Tux

Thanks for the tip! It's an easy workaround for the time being.

And yes, this pack is very old (over ten years old I believe), maybe it could be updated indeed. I'll let you know if I find an update.

Thanks again! 😊

• 2 months later...

I've been trying to post for a couple months. The Wrestlefest cheats don't work. Because this is the 8th time trying to post this message. I'm not going to waste my time entering details here, but there's an issue with the character selection cheat (among others).

So, after reaching out to 1emulation on various social media, I was finally able to join. Here's how the cheats are broken:

1. When you select multiple characters, character 1 becomes whatever was selected for another character. Example: if you select "Hawk" as character 1, and "Animal" as characters 2, 3 and 4, they both will be "Animal".
2. The energy isn't lost when you get hit, if two characters are chosen as in the previous example with "Hawk" and "Animal".

Hopefully that helps investigate the issue. Thank you for all your work on these cheats, as I've waiting a decade and a half to be able to play as the LOD again.

Edited by WillWagnerMusic

Ah I found the forum was very quiet lately, so it was because of a technical error ?!!!

Sorry to learn that... Oh well no wonder there are still things to fix about all these shiny new cheats, too much to test, I'll have a look, but I don't know when, it shouldn't take 10 days though !

ok bug confirmed, I hadn't thought about multiple scripts using a choice from a list like that running at the same time, I'll have to find something, it will take a little time...

edit again : it's fixed, I'll have to make a new binary for that, and maybe a linux binary too, the biggest change since 0.91.9 except this one is for linux to be able to run its asm code with the recent change which makes the stack not executable by default. Oh well, not an ideal setup to make a binary right now, it will wait until tomorrow. Thanks for the bug report at least !

Edited by Tux

9 hours ago, FixYourBrokenSite said:

Sorry if I sounded angry. I was really excited to find someone had been working on the Wrestlefest cheats, and I appreciate everything you do!

I'm gonna try to log back in now as my intended name. Thank you for all your hard work!

No problem, I understood you were pissed by the technical pb in the forum, it's ok !

19 hours ago, FixYourBrokenSite said:

I'm gonna try to log back in now as my intended name. Thank you for all your hard work!

I wonder what that technical issue was, as other new members have continued to join.

I see you've registered again as "WillWagnerMusic", but have not yet responded to your validation email. After 2 days of no response, your account will be automatically removed. If for some reason you are unable to reply to that email, let me know and I'll manually enable the account.