Monitor won't recognize?

Bambi

I just got a windows 8 pc a month or so ago. Everything ran perfect on it til 2 days ago when my monitor said input not supported. I turned the pc on and off to see if it would fix but nothing, same message.

I moved the tower to my tv and tryed hdmi and it worked.

My problem now is how do I get the monitor working again so I can get back to my desk.

More than likely you have somehow changed the refresh rate of the video output and your monitor cannot support that rate. Try going into the setting in your display in the control panel under appearance and then go to display and screen resolution then go to advanced settings. You should find your monitor there and be able to change the refresh rate. Most are set at 60. If that is not it then try to get another monitor from someone and try it. It maybe your monitor went bad.

I'll try hooking the monitor up as a dual screen. Maybe I can change the settings on it then.

Have you tried a different connection? Try using DVI-D or VGA instead of HDMI and see if it works. Other than that, Jitway's answer makes the most sense to me.

• 4 weeks later...

Jitway was correct, when someone was messing with the monitor settings they changed it. All is well now!

Glad you got it working again. I have had that problem a few times myself with my grandkids messing with my shit.