Do you take frequent naps?

Alpha

Lately, it's been really hard for me to sustain my energy for 12 hours straight. It doesn't matter if it's after sleeping a night for 6 hours or even 12 hours. It becomes a real struggle especially after eating a meal to keep my head fully awake. Do you guys experience this a lot? How do you combat it?

I thought perhaps if I get into better shape physically that I could withstand the day longer, but I think that would require even more sleep to repair the microscopic muscle tears.

Coffee doesn't even work for me anymore! :(

Ive been recently taking melatonine, it's what your brain produces that makes you sleepy, it's like $1 at the dollar store(duh :P) and it works great. Just pop one and 15 minutes later relax your mind and you'll pass out. It's really nice.

Ive been recently taking melatonine, it's what your brain produces that makes you sleepy, it's like $1 at the dollar store(duh :P) and it works great. Just pop one and 15 minutes later relax your mind and you'll pass out. It's really nice.

A friend of mine also uses melatonin. Do you feel that you have more energy now throughout the day?

No, I just don't feel sleepy, if you're lacking energy then taking a multi-vitamin, good eating habits, drinking plenty of water, and doing occasional 30 minute exercise come into play.

No, I just don't feel sleepy, if you're lacking energy then taking a multi-vitamin, good eating habits, drinking plenty of water, and doing occasional 30 minute exercise come into play.

Sleepy throughout the day? I usually equate sleepy with lack of energy. And yes, I need to start exercising daily... that, and stretching. It's just a pain in the ass.

I equate lack of energy to being fatigued like when you're sick or depressed, you're not sleepy but you feel like a slump, almost lacking motivation, exercise is your best bet, plus a healthy eating life style will work wonders, the crap you eat just fills your arteries with clots and junk making your heart beat harder sapping a lot of your energy, do you take a fish oil or something for heart health?

I equate lack of energy to being fatigued like when you're sick or depressed, you're not sleepy but you feel like a slump, almost lacking motivation, exercise is your best bet, plus a healthy eating life style will work wonders, the crap you eat just fills your arteries with clots and junk making your heart beat harder sapping a lot of your energy, do you take a fish oil or something for heart health?

Yep, I tend to take one fish oil a day with B complex, vitamin C, vitamin D, citracel calcium, and a multivitamin.

Careful not to over do it on vitamins, a lot of times a multi vitamin has everything you need, you can well not over dose but over due a certain vitamin and your body have a bad reaction.

Careful not to over do it on vitamins, a lot of times a multi vitamin has everything you need, you can well not over dose but over due a certain vitamin and your body have a bad reaction.

Good call. You can actually overdose on Vitamin B. I should check the contents of it in my multivitamin.

It's a sign your an old man! :-)

But seriously it's prolly that your not getting "good" sleep.

Hey I fit that description at my age I have to take a nap every now and then. But I would say GC that you are just not getting a good restful sleep. Do you toss and turn a lot or do you sleep right through?