whats up with dat

gamez fan

before posting my rom wont work/load etc check your rom against the romcentre.dat file youll find it in the tools folder in FBL 1.7

heres how open up your game rom folder lets say its knights of valour now open the romcentre.dat file and scroll till you get to

knights of valour now check what files are in your rom against what files romcentre.dat says you need for the game to work inFBL 1.7

if your rom doesnt have these files it wont work simple as either get a new rom that has these files or add them to the rom you have

yourself

If you're having trouble finding decrypted ROMs then it might interest you to know that earlier versions of FB Alpha prior to 0.2.97.10 have the option to extract and save decrypted ROMs when loading a game. :D

If you're having trouble finding decrypted ROMs then it might interest you to know that earlier versions of FB Alpha prior to 0.2.97.10 have the option to extract and save decrypted ROMs when loading a game. :D

Thanks +T+, problem solved :P

I don't have my Xbox at the moment, so can't test FBL yet.

Are these games decrypted as they load in FBL ? (Therefore the decrypted bins are not even needed ?)

Edited by Bigby

Are these games decrypted as they load in FBL ? (Therefore the decrypted bins are not even needed ?)

With the encrypted parent sets for these games, the NeoGeo driver decrypts the ROMs as part of the loading process. However, this process takes between 1-2 mins. Using a pre-decrypted set skips this and so the game will load much faster. These sets are effectively hacks since there were very few actual arcade boards that used decrypted ROMs, as such they've been removed from the latest build of FB Alpha. I'll be keeping them in FBL though since on Xbox hardware the difference in loading times is very noticeable.