Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread

Krosigrim

Im about to make a batch of Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread. Easy enough to make.

Im not following a strict recipe... Im winging it... again. Basically its some simple cornbread mix, witha ton of chopped Jalapenos and cubes of Cheddar cheese. Two boxes of Jiffy Corn muffin mix, about 1/2 or so 3/4 maybee, of a cup (each) of chopped Jalapenos and Cheddar cheese cut into small cubes. You can add alittle shredded cheese but you MUST use the cubes or this just doesnt work.

Simple. For what I have, I'll preheat to 400 and take 2 boxes of mix, add 2 eggs and 2/3 of a cup of milk in a mixing bowl and blend. Let it rest until the oven is ready. Once preheated, pour the peppers and cheese into the mix, blend perfectly, then pour into whatever its gonna cook in. (realize its bread and will double in size from its "liquid" form.)

Im using 2 boxes of 8.5 OZ cornbread. so id say somewhere around 17 Oz requires around 1/2 to 3/4 of a cup of chopped Jalapenos and Cheddar cheese. Im just throwing measurements out there so if you are to make some, you know about where you stand. If you dont have enough Jalapenos or Cheese, the whole thing is just a waste of time. Its the spice... plus all the awesome cheese that makes each bite awesome... through and through

Now Im using a muffin mix, so the time for baking is off. Im not making muffins, just these little boxes were on sale, $.49 each. Says 15-20 min but it took alittle linger last time.

Now... you NEED to try this before you talk shit. Add some butter and this shit is awesome!

I'll post pics when I finish it... that is if anyone actually cares. Ahh... Gryph needs to try this. Everytime I do a thread like this its something he doesnt eat... It's cheap ('cept the cheese) it easy, and its awesome. I wonder what would go with this... what would make this a meal???

pepper jack would prolly go nice with the jalepinos and some spicy chili.

I will eat this.

Hell yea you would. D licious

I made chili last night...now send me some cornbread NOW dammit!

I've never had cornbread, it's like unheard of up here.

I think Monteray Jack or Pepper Jack cheese would be better though.

pepper jack would prolly go nice with the jalepinos and some spicy chili.

Well PepperJack would be good too, but Cinder, you must try some good cornbread. Its a simple enough food, I know its a southern thing... But damn if it isnt good. I guess I could try another cheese next time but the Cheddar goes great.

Pro Tip... separate the cheese cubes BEFORE dumping them into the batter!