My video card fan died

This is the first time this has happened to me, but it's also the first time I used my money to purchase one. I want to know, will this happen frequently with my abnormal gaming hours? If so, is there a way to prevent it from my future purchases? I don't want to throw down money every 3 months for another video card.

Why would you replace the video card, when replacing the fan is a few dollars and a few screws? Or in my case once, some freakin super glue (Yes, I super glued a fan to the heatsink on my old Radeon 8500 and it's still there and working!)?

Unless you totally cooked the card, which would be hard unless you were stressing it with a game while it was overheating...artifacts on screen should clue you in WELL before the thing roasts.

It's not roasted, I can replace the fan as well, I just don't know whether or not its actually worth saving (this is the 2nd time this card has given me issues in the past few months since its purchase).

Also my PC auto-shuts before over burning anything, all my parts should be safe :P.

unless you want an excuse to get a new card (come on you know you want to) I'd just throw another fan on it and see how it goes.