Hello + T +

destronger

hehhe another one that wants 12000 and arcades only....i wont look at there votes as they really have no clues to mame stuff by looks

i personally would like to see just arcade only. xport & snes already have fine emu's for consoles. why not focus on non-fba/fbl titles only too. we have fba/fbl which work really well. i know nothing will be 100% perfect, but too many options ie arcade/consoles with a ton of cores could lower the quality of the emu as a whole.

I would agree with this. CoinOPS is a fine arcade emulator and I personally think it should stick to what it does best. The console stuff just seems like bloat to me. For anyone who is serious about playing console games there is no substitute for Xport's emulators. I would like to see the focus shifted back to arcade games and have voted accordingly.

bp... how about this. coinops with all the mame, consoles, simple stuff for your average user and a coinops w/o consoles but with the mame side really tweaked to get as many of the mame titles working perfectly. kind of hardcore version for arcade only type.

'CoinOPS Pro' anyone??? ;)

you can dream about what ever your talking about :) CoinOPS Pro is no go

How do you know? Assuming you're planning to release your sources I may have a go one day. B)

hi + T +,

i've noticed that you've been around this xbox forum as of late and am curious.

would you be interested in coming back to build a new emu?

the previous discussions that i posted above gave some hints of that.

the idea of a mame emu for xbox that would be for non-fba/fbl roms---cps1,cps2, snk, etc; seemed like a idea that you liked.

just throwing this out there... with a newer mame core of course. :)

Oh dear, I hope I didn't get anyone's hopes up. ;)

A new emu is out of the question. Contrary to what my red banner says I'm no emu author, like BP I was only ever just a tweaker standing on the shoulders of real coding geniuses. Besides as I recall even XPort tried to port a newer MAME core to the Xbox and wasn't able to get the control system working properly. That isn't to say it wouldn't be possible to port a few newer drivers to the current core.

If I had the time to get back into developing I'd enjoy the challenge of taking a look at CoinOPS with a mind to updating a lot of the sets, maybe adding some more drivers, and getting rid of all the console stuff but I've worked with the MAME code before and it's nowhere near as user-friendly as the FBA code. Plus the fact that there's no easy way to generate DATs would be a huge problem. That being said there probably isn't too much need for a 'CoinOPS Pro' at the moment. BP seems fairly good at implementing all the different things people are asking for and I'm sure it's only a matter of time before the initial excitement of all the console stuff passes and CoinOPS goes back to focusing on arcade games again.

well... it was worth a shot. ;)

real quick... would adding a midway core to fba/fbl be too difficult or not possible?

Edited by tristanx

your first project will be to strip console stuff and recommend psx.... :) you should work on it + T + im a newbe and cant code.....I think pro would own non pro the name sounds better for sure....

I think you should start soon and get a team.... Id like to see this

ill allways be about all systems...pop console and arcades now....no turning back for me.....arcades is just a part as im updating a few console cores at present as well :)

your first project will be to strip console stuff and recommend psx.... :)

I simply stated that,if you are including consoles in an arcade emulator then PSX makes the most sense since it has so many arcade ports that are unplayable otherwise. I didn't recommend anything.