Surreal64xxx CE B6.0 svn-03-Jan-2010

letmealone

Hey,

OK, I'll have to give the new version of Surreal a try. :(

I figured that there wouldn't be a huge improvement, because, as you said, the emulators aren't optimized for the 1.4 CPU or additional RAM. I have heard that the XBMC interface and some playback is improved. I don't think that alone is worth the cost for the upgrade though.

I do remember that MAMEox (?) did have a special 128 edition that was for Xbox systems with upgraded RAM. I'm guessing that code was dropped from CoinOps a while back though.

I've been using the 16mhz option in X68000X. Unfortunately, some games such as Akumajo Dracula, still run choppy because frameskipping needs to be enabled. Its still playable, but you can see that the background scrolling is choppy. Its a minor thing, but I always notice it! :D

Maybe I should try 24mhz for that game.

Its been a while since I touched this emulator myself. Has the speed been improved much? I remember playing Majora's Mask and once you got to the town, the slowdown and choppy audio were pretty awful.

Also, on a somewhat unrelated note, has anyone here tried those upgraded 1.4 ghz. 128 ram xbox systems that Toasty over on X-S is making? I'm curious if the emulators are improved at all. I know that you have to run any XBE that you want play through a patcher first. It'd be great if N64 and X68000 speeds were improved by it.

i can tell you that there are some improvements with 5.1ce and if you use the ini file you will have all the best settings

as far as i remember you do get some improvements with n64 emulation but you have to remember surreall is optimised for a stock xbox with a 733mhz processer and 64mb of ram as for other emulators i dont really think it would make much difference and that includes mame.

as for you mentioning the x68000 emulator that already runs full speed,what to do is in the options screen when you select a game set the speed to 16mhz,this overclocks the x68000 cpu and you will see a difference if you think some games are slow.

there are a couple of members here that have the xbox you mentioned with the bigger processer and ram,they will be able to tell you a bit more about it.

as for mameox 128 the code for that was never in coinops/mamedox as far as i remember.

Do you know who exactly?

there are a couple of members here that have the xbox you mentioned with the bigger processer and ram,they will be able to tell you a bit more about it.

as for mameox 128 the code for that was never in coinops/mamedox as far as i remember.

If you are going to go with a SF build go with B5.2. The core is for the most part untouched but there are a few bug fixes here and there and a lot of code clean up.

Also: I remember reading a post about new Rice plugins being developed. The link was somewhere in the Surreal64 5.1CE thread over at Xbox-Scene.

is there a compiled version of b5.2 anywhere? i have not found one yet...

and for the rice plugins, is this what you are talking about?

http://code.google.com/p/emu-1964/

is there a compiled version of b5.2 anywhere? i have not found one yet...

and for the rice plugins, is this what you are talking about?

http://code.google.com/p/emu-1964/

I don't know if someone has it uploaded somewhere, but you can ask someone to build it for you if you don't have the xdk.

emu-1964, thats exactly what I was talking about. Nice find, I'll read a bit on that one :)

• 2 weeks later...