Are games sucking more or are we just old gamers?

emsley

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, i never use cheats in my games EXCEPT Doom series and Quake :)

Doom II is too brutal especially the final level for me not to key in iddqd ;p

The rest of the games, I am proud to say i will finish it on my own or not at all :1st:

Are you talking about the final boss in Doom 2? Man it's really easy actually if you know how to do it. Maybe I've just played a ridiculous amount of doom though. It will always be one of my favorite games. Especially since you can get it to run on anything!

The Icon of Sin is really not that difficult on easier difficulties, but holy shit the level becomes a nightmare on higher ones. Those who want to really put their Doom 2 skills to the test should try to clear the mods Hell Revealed 1 & 2 on higher difficulties.

Are you talking about the final boss in Doom 2? Man it's really easy actually if you know how to do it. Maybe I've just played a ridiculous amount of doom though. It will always be one of my favorite games. Especially since you can get it to run on anything!

The Icon of Sin is really not that difficult on easier difficulties, but holy shit the level becomes a nightmare on higher ones. Those who want to really put their Doom 2 skills to the test should try to clear the mods Hell Revealed 1 & 2 on higher difficulties.

The boss is easy. It is the minions spawning all around you that is hard :/

The boss is easy. It is the minions spawning all around you that is hard :/

Well, it can be tricky if you suck at timing your shots at the "core" while riding the pillar and trying to avoid getting killed in the process. The Icon of Sin is also probably the only level where Archviles do not resurrect other monsters. Of course, then there's the rare risk of getting telefragged by the demon cubes the Icon sends out. I guess it earns you questionable bragging rights, at least.

Man you just have to be really fast and keep moving. The projectiles are pretty slow so they are easy to dodge. (especially if you have been doing it for hours and you didn't just skip to the last level) Set your shit up for circle strafing+always run. If you miss too many times or take too much damage in the beginning just start over. Also you don't have to start killing everyone right off the bat, you should just be running past most of them.