Modern warfare 2 360 doing the rounds

emsley

I cant read it yet shibat. :lol:

Edit: I just found out my download was going for over 8 hours and it only managed 1.4% on 4 meg connection configured correctly - all the seeds had fucked off.

I am not a happy camper.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I tried to to include too many spoilers but there are a couple. Something I forgot to mention was the Lean. You probably already know that they took it out. At first I thought okay fine I'll deal with it but the enemies can lean and you can't! Luckily if you shoot them in the hand/arm they will be all OH SHIT THAT HURTS and run into the open where you can kill them.

Woah lean is gone?

We went over the download at my old man's the router kept shutting off so he switched to XP and for some reason the download shot up to 3MEG a second says 11 hours should have it tomorrow afternoon when he gets in from work.

The holy bible of reviews "gamecentral" or teletext as its know in england gave this 9/10 I got my hopes back up a little more now.

Every publication everywhere is going to give this game insane reviews just because it is so big. It's good but its not really THAT good. It works like the Halo games. The first 3 reviews that came in on Metacritic where perfect scores. That's bullshit, no game gets a perfect score. Maybe CLOSE to a perfect score, but absolutely perfect?!

Yeah there are a lot of things missing from this game that where in MW1. That's why people are getting all pissy about it. Although they seem to be buying it anyway.

Well, I'm gonna get the orignal for christmas and have fun playing that, then wait for the sequel to be really cheap. If it's not as good as the first one it's likely it won't stay full price the same amount of time MW1 has done. And no lean for a modern military shooter is stupid. I've been playing Raven Shield a lot latetly, take the lean away from that game and you're dead every time. I might try Operation Flashpoint 2 at some point, it's supposed to be quite realistic, and it has 1 shot lethality like the proper Rainbow Sixes.

It probably won't drop in price. The first one still hasn't dropped too much in price. This game is selling massive copies, so far day 1 sales in the UK/US Alone are 4.7 million, with an estimated 8 million worldwide. Most of the people buying this are just going to think it's awesome no matter what too because of it's target audience. Then others who really have no idea and just want to try it because it's popular are going to keep picking it up. I'm pretty sure that what I read also said that it now has the record for biggest selling game ever in the first 24 hours.

I'm up to the oil rig level no way is this game better than MW1.

I actually find it occasionally irritating because the enemies sit in cover and don't do fuck all and they spawn in fucked up spots like i dunno on top of your head while your lied down in cover?

AI is pretty bad.

make me have flashbacks to world at war which was a steaming pile of shit.

It's hard for me to understand how they could take one of the most popular shooters ever and then actually make aspects worse for the sequel. I don't know why they didn't just stick with the engine they had, and just make new maps, weapons, and enemies etc. Like an expansion pack, only big enough to be a sequel. Sometimes if it aint broke, don't fix it really is a good idea. X-Men Legends 2 pops into my mind as an example. Same game engine as Legends 1, but different story, monsters, player characters, more powers etc. They took what was good, improved it a bit, made a good sequel. It can be done.

It just obviously tried to be a game that appealed to "Bros" to sell more or something. I really feel like I'm playing shitty fucking halo 3 or something while I'm playing it. It just isn't very fun and I feel like it is actually making me dumber. You can tell it is trying to appeal to a really dumb audience.

I suppose that's what happened to Rainbow Six after Raven Shield. Graphics got better but the games got dumber and dumber. First Lockdown took away the planning phase, and made the AI stupid, then Vegas took away the one hit kills and made it a regular action shooter.