Borderlands the game

emsley

Your doomed - your lucky you dont play football manager too...

dont forget to eat sleep and drink water.

I almost pick that up. But I think i will go for the PSP version....if i get the time to download it :blink:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once you've played Fallout and Oblivion for a while, go to tesnexus.com and fallout3nexus.com and check out the zillions of cool mods for them. If you're talking PC. I'm gonna wait for Borderlands to be cheaper too, and also for the new retail version dvd prints that are supposed to be coming without the online activation. I uninstall games when I'm not using them, so in a couple years time if I think, 'Hey, I'd like to play Borderlands again.', I don't want to reinstall and get 'Failed to locate server, unable to activate your game, kiss Randy Pitchford's arse, you can't play the game you bought anymore. Please don't call technical support, we don't wanna talk to you.' Coz we know those activation servers are gonna go down in a year or two.

Once you've played Fallout and Oblivion for a while, go to tesnexus.com and fallout3nexus.com and check out the zillions of cool mods for them. If you're talking PC. I'm gonna wait for Borderlands to be cheaper too, and also for the new retail version dvd prints that are supposed to be coming without the online activation. I uninstall games when I'm not using them, so in a couple years time if I think, 'Hey, I'd like to play Borderlands again.', I don't want to reinstall and get 'Failed to locate server, unable to activate your game, kiss Randy Pitchford's arse, you can't play the game you bought anymore. Please don't call technical support, we don't wanna talk to you.' Coz we know those activation servers are gonna go down in a year or two.

Oh wait, Activison?!? NOT going to buy this game then unless it is USD10.........

Oh wait, Activison?!? NOT going to buy this game then unless it is USD10.........

You mean activation right? Activison didn't have anything to do with this game I don't think. Lol. Yeah if you buy Borderlands on a disc now, you have to pass an online activation check at install which was put there solely to stop people who bought the game early from playing the game before the Steam release date. Aside from the fact that my gaming PC is offline, and it's an inconvenience for me to connect it just to install a game, I know for a fact that in a year or so the activation servers will disappear, so if you try and install after that time, the game will not find the server and will either lock you out, or not let you install. Gearbox might make a way round it if people complain, if they even care about the game in a year's time, but I wouldn't risk it. Luckily though they've said that the next run of dvd prints will only contain a disc check, and not the online activation, so it's likely there'll be good old fashioned cd keys with retail versions bought sometime in the future. They haven't specified when that run of dvds will start though, so I'm gonna give it a considerable amount of time.

I do mean Activision the company. The one that threaten not to give game reviewers preview copy if they don't give good reviews on their games. I will say, they can take their own shitty games and shove it up their place where the sun don't shine ;)

Oh, well, Borderlands was made by Gearbox and published by 2k Games, which are basically Take Two. As far as I know, Activision weren't directly involved.

Oh, well, Borderlands was made by Gearbox and published by 2k Games, which are basically Take Two. As far as I know, Activision weren't directly involved.

Lol, wait, i read wrongly. I read activation as Activision. Lol, what the hell is wrong with me?????? ;)

Wonder how many DLCs they'll do. If it's as many as Fallout 3 I'll probably wait for the Game of the Year Edition and get them all at once.