Big Games Sale

Shibathedog

I've only played on the 360, the online component seems pretty active and its also pretty fun.

There's alot of variety compared to the first GRAW weapon-wise, the maps are huge a few small ones though, but they all seem pretty well done.

GRAW 2 however, has minor lighting issues atleast in the 360 version, when you go into small forests in multiplayer, you just can't see very well so it might be hard to score a kill sometimes, I can't recall if it has nvg, I will have to check.

Both GRAW games are completely different on the PC. They're first person tactical shooters, instead of 3rd person action games. And they don't look anywhere near as good graphically. Their engine doesn't allow anti aliasing so everything looks jagged, and the cool red outlines of the enemies you get on the 360, aren't there on the PC. Infact half of the cool futuristic interface that makes GRAW look good on the 360 is missing on the PC. The movement feels very slow and sluggish, and in singleplayer at least, you'll find yourself being killed a lot. If you like creeping along very slowly making sure you're behind a wall at all times so you can't be killed instantly by the enemy, you'll love GRAW on PC. If not, you won't. I was very dissapointed with them. When it comes to tactical shooters, nothing beats Raven Shield. I doubt anything ever will. Although I do like SWAT 4, that's almost as good. And I suppose there's nothing wrong with Lockdown and Vegas, but those two are way dumbed down compared to Raven Shield. Online in GRAW on the PC could be better than singleplayer, but I don't know, my gaming PC's offline. I don't imagine it being better than Counterstrike though.

I actually own raven shield, I played it a lot but I always thought the interface/controls where too clunky. I mainly just played the singleplayer so I could walk around blasting people with that massive sniper rifle. That auto shotgun was pretty cool too.

Anyway I'll probably pass, the next set of games comes out in about a day so maybe I'll see something I like better. I wish I could see the list before the sale.