Any Vocalists on this forum?

Play along with acoutic guitar or piano/keyboard. Not electric guitar. (this comes later when your voice is trained)

Smoking is a big no-no. Certain foods are a no-no. (before practice, such as greasy food, and startchy stuff)

Warm tea is a yes-yes for warming your vocals up.

Singing a "style" that suits your voice is a yes-yes.

Singing along to a scale UP and down Is a YES.

And there are numerous Methods of warm ups you can use.

Here is me on youtube;

Not actually sung at my best, i prefer it to be on cappo on third or second for this one.

You could get yourself a Phontuner that way you can keep a constant watch on your pitch. As he said above, don't eat foods that are a no-no. Pretty much anything that isn't healthy isn't good for vocals. Honey and lemon is very good. Keeps everything smooth. Also, a tip that was given to me by my old band director and choir director... Do Diaphram exercises. That is EXTREMELY important. There should be some YouTube videos that will show you how to do the proper exercises.

My advice to you on that: Play a trumpet :D

I found a couple of exercises to routine into the day. Some of them actually feel like they're making my throat comfertable, however after 2 days now I feel like there is a lump in my throat that can't get bulged out.

O, and I have years and years of vocal destruction to undo, so before actually starting I kind of have to fix what I broke :/.

Thanks inkster!

I should probably get round to uploading a cash video sometime.

YES! DOO IT!

You got two chocies - folsom prison blues or drive on -

Im away this week so not sure when i can do it.

Actually JUST FOR YOU im going to go get a few beers in and borrow my fathers sucky digital camera and see what I can do -

Emsley on a mission ------- HU AH!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Everything!

In actuality I just want my voice to sound nasty delicious, and be able to adjust to any form of music.

I stopped practicing though, and it hurts again when I hear a tune I know the lyrics too :(. Too much in my head atm.