Favorite card game

Cribbage kinda fun. I learned to play that one in the pen.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Race Card game is my favorite.

ZING!

Well played, sir.

Ahh... pulling the race card?

Cheat? Ill have to google it.

The aim of the game in Cheat is to get rid of all your cards. You deal out all the cards of a shuffled deck to the players. Five or so is best. To begin, a player puts down a numer of cards, face down. They all have to be the same, for example, three Kings. The player must state what cards he is putting down, saying out loud 'Three Kings'. The next player then has to follow by putting down cards either the same as, one above, or one below the previous players. So after three Kings, your options are another King, up to four Queens, or up to four Aces.

Here's where the cheating comes in. You have to put cards down no matter what. You cannot skip a go if you don't have the cards to follow. So, if I had to follow a King, but had no Kings, Queens or Aces, I would have to lie and put down cards that were clearly not Kings, Queens or Aces, but state that they were. So after three Kings I might say 'Two Queens' but really I was putting down a Jack and a four.

The other players then have the right to challenge my statement, by calling 'Cheat'. After which, the cards that I just put down must be turned over. If I am revealed as cheating, I have to pick up all the cards on the deck, thus hindering my effort to get rid of all my cards. If however I am proved to be telling the truth, ie. if I really had put down two Queens, the player who called cheat must pick up all the cards in the deck.

The player to get rid of all his cards first wins. The game is about luck, and lying convincingly. So try not to say 'Four Aces' when you don't have them, coz the others will be damn sure you're lying. And of course, to win, your final cards put down must be truthful, as if a player is about to win, it's always worth calling 'Cheat'.

Hmmm sounds interesting. Thanks for the overview. I like this new guy, he actually interacts. Welcome Ice Man.

Cribbage kinda fun. I learned to play that one in the pen.

Thats what everyone said about Tonk. Its more of a Southern game. Northerners dont commonly know it.

I like this new guy, he actually interacts. Welcome Ice Man.

Thanks. I've been posting a lot today. I think I wanted to be today's top poster. And get credits for potions and shizzle.

I like this new guy, he actually interacts. Welcome Ice Man.

Thanks. I've been posting a lot today. I think I wanted to be today's top poster. And get credits for potions and shizzle.

Oh? well I got ya covered. I'll send you some potions. We have a few new members that are active as hell. I like it. Now... if only I can get some damn card games added to the site, and get somemore activity going!!!

That would be awesome thanks. You see I'm planning my secret revenge on a certain someone who killed me without provocation. I had no plans to use the attack sytem until that someone was the first person to attack, and kill me. Now I kill others who are like I once was, striving to become strong enough to avenge myself. Of course in killing the weak to gain levels I have become as bad as my killer. But I will have my revenge.

Cheat? Ill have to google it.

The aim of the game in Cheat is to get rid of all your cards. You deal out all the cards of a shuffled deck to the players. Five or so is best. To begin, a player puts down a numer of cards, face down. They all have to be the same, for example, three Kings. The player must state what cards he is putting down, saying out loud 'Three Kings'. The next player then has to follow by putting down cards either the same as, one above, or one below the previous players. So after three Kings, your options are another King, up to four Queens, or up to four Aces.

Here's where the cheating comes in. You have to put cards down no matter what. You cannot skip a go if you don't have the cards to follow. So, if I had to follow a King, but had no Kings, Queens or Aces, I would have to lie and put down cards that were clearly not Kings, Queens or Aces, but state that they were. So after three Kings I might say 'Two Queens' but really I was putting down a Jack and a four.

The other players then have the right to challenge my statement, by calling 'Cheat'. After which, the cards that I just put down must be turned over. If I am revealed as cheating, I have to pick up all the cards on the deck, thus hindering my effort to get rid of all my cards. If however I am proved to be telling the truth, ie. if I really had put down two Queens, the player who called cheat must pick up all the cards in the deck.

The player to get rid of all his cards first wins. The game is about luck, and lying convincingly. So try not to say 'Four Aces' when you don't have them, coz the others will be damn sure you're lying. And of course, to win, your final cards put down must be truthful, as if a player is about to win, it's always worth calling 'Cheat'.

Where I'm from that game is called Bullshit. And you have to start with the Ace first and you don't have to increase the number of cards you lay down. You go Ace to King over and over till someone loses all their cards.

There are different variations, it's not a highly played game like poker so I don't think there's any official ruleset to follow. In the version I was taught you don't have to increase the number of cards, you can put down as many as you want. My example may have sounded that way but it's just be the way I explained it. You have to put at least one down, and if you were telling the truth the maximum you could put down would obviously be four, being there only four suits, but you can put any number down at all if you can get away with it. A sly tactic to lose cards fast is to put down three cards when you only claim two, four when you claim three and so on.

Yea it seemes similar to BS. I never played so... what the hell do I know. They have 100 different pokers.

I wanna practice throwing cards. That way if someone says something stupid, ill nail them in the eyeball.

That's hard to do. Gambit should use something easier to throw. Something that's meant to fly. Like a frisbee.

I tried that once, the girls were like "We're not taking anything off, but you can if you want"