RF Solutions for a 1.6 PSU XBox

echoman

OK everybody I've searched like crazy and I hate making help topics but I cant find anything anywhere.

I'm following this guide from Xbox-Scene

I have a 1.6 psu so the voltage is different and its not working at all.

Has anybody attempted a new hack that works with the newer xbox systems??

I just noticed this Guide and may do this if I cant find another solution.

Oh the reason I need an on/off switch is because I have the xbox fitted with a 320 gig hd and its going to be an expansion to the mobile system I have in my car now. Its going to be in my trunk so I need an easy way to shut it off on if anything happens while in motion.

Any ideas besides getting an older xbox ?

OK everybody I've searched like crazy and I hate making help topics but I cant find anything anywhere.

Oh the reason I need an on/off switch is because I have the xbox fitted with a 320 gig hd and its going to be an expansion to the mobile system I have in my car now. Its going to be in my trunk so I need an easy way to shut it off on if anything happens while in motion.

cant you just go and buy an old xbox1 reomte control to turn it off,IIRC im sure the xbox control works with xbmc.

but maybe best to wait and see what other people think.

cant you just go and buy an old xbox1 reomte control to turn it off,IIRC im sure the xbox control works with xbmc.

but maybe best to wait and see what other people think.

1: The xbox remote is IR (Won't work if say the Xbox is in his trunk)

2: He needs something that can also turn it ON, something the Xbox remote can't do.

If the voltage is different, make it work. Use a resistor/series of resistors to bring it down or a voltage regulator with caps to bring it up.

Edit: Actually, just pull the correct voltages from different points - http://diy.sickmods.net/Tutorials/Xbox1/Po...Supply_Pinouts/

Say's not to use Blue as a source, so take 5v off orange and step it down to 3.3v with some resistors.....tada

Yeah Cinder is right. I could have gone the Ir route and ran a wire to my dash but thats alot of work for just that.

I actually have that site and a couple others bookmarked but when it comes to resistors, voltage regulators and a couple others I'm clueless.

I just learned to solder and am looking for an iron for myself so once I get the hang of that no more electrical tape for me, lol.

I'm guessing I have to solder something on the board to regulate the voltage but I have no idea how to make that work. Can you give me a quick run down on what needs to happen or a link cause messing with power makes my head spin.

Next week I have to pay someone to add an invertor somewhere in my car to run the xbox. I would love to do it myself but clueless once again

I couldn't tell you exactly, I've only ever done voltage division on LEDs, and that involves forward voltage drops so it's pretty straightfoward. You've got nothing here but wanting to step down the immediate input.

I'd say you'd need a 2Kohm resistor on the +5v and a 3Kohm resistor on the ground for this thing, but you'll need to know amperage coming off the +5v line in order to figure out the wattage rating of the resistors you'll need, otherwise they'll just bake themselves if they're rated too low.

You don't want to overguess either, as you could bake something else in the case of a slight surge that is too high for another component (Which will occur on intial startup).

Why not post on X-S and reference the mod? I'm sure someone there who has more electrical knowledge could tell you exactly what you need.

Mind you, you could always take your 3.3v from the LPC instead. That is if there is 3.3v applied on standby, break out a multimeter and start poking around while the Xbox is on Standby.

Thanks, I plan on figuring it all out over the weekend hopefully.

I've been searching for weeks. It seems like everyone who couldn't get it to work just gave up and never talked about it again