Is it possible to optimize a mameox build for one game? ex..NBA JAM

law56kerz

I was wondering if it is possible to add speed hacks for one game, such as NBA Jam which doesn't run full speed on mame xbox emulators.

Nba Jam is one of my all time favorite games. I know it is possible to run the game at a good speed without sound, but as any NBA jam fan knows, the announcer + gameplay is what made NBA Jam so fun.

To my knowledge there isn't a way to run the game fullspeed with sound on the xbox. The game just isn't the same without the announcer.

actually i just remembered mamex-b6.

results.

nba jam plays perfect on this emu.(mamex-b6.)

nba jam te(tounament edition)plays perfect.(mamex-b6).

nba jam hangtime plays good on mameox0.72 dosent load on b6 crashes.

i will send you a pm for mamex-b6 as its worth trying nba jam plays flawlessly in my opinion on mamex-b6.

you can also use mamex-b6 for narc,mk1and2 and avenging spirit as these games play slower and have problems on later versions of mameox.

if you have coinops ignite then you can run mamex-b6 and mameox0.72 on your xbox as they use different gamesaves.

also for mameox0.72 mk3,ukm3,nba jam hangtime and primal rage.

results.

i will send you a pm for mamex-b6 as its worth trying nba jam plays flawlessly in my opinion on mamex-b6.

you can also use mamex-b6 for narc,mk1and2 and avenging spirit as these games play slower and have problems on later versions of mameox.

if you have coinops ignite then you can run mamex-b6 and mameox0.72 on your xbox as they use different gamesaves.

Thanks I will have to try Mamex-b6.

I had tried mameox 0.72 prior to your suggestion and still found the game to run with a noticeable frameskip. The annnouncer also echos and is slightly laggy. It's too bad that NBA JAM was never released in an Midway arcade collection on any system.

results.

thanks for that little bit of info fu, i never even knew that about nba jam. :)

HF-

fumanchu, do you know if those builds will play "2 on 2 Open Ice Challenge" full speed?

well i tried it on both mamex-b6 and mameox0.72

mamex-b6-locks up and crashes.

mameox0.72-plays pretty good you get sound and you get slight framskip but very playable.