Softmod Install Error

Emu Newbie

I tried to softmod a friend's xbox, w/ my splinter cell game and a memory card he bought from the local gamestop. I transferred the splinter cell linux file over to his xbox and attempting to load the profile. When doing so a microsoft error came up. After rebooting the xbox, it was fine. Did this happen b/c I forgot to slide over the SID, or is there another splinter cell file that I should have transferred.

For reference - I have the original splinter cell game (not the platinum edition).

Thanks!

I always used the mechassult variant. imo its good to backup your installer files somewhere so when doing the install you use the same ones every time .Or dl the newest version of your favorite installer disk. I've come across bad files on the action replay site.After its all installed make a backup of the eeprom and original files on the hard drive Some installers do this automatically like the unleashx dash then ftp it to your pc.As long as you have your eeprom you can fix a bad softmod.

Do the softmods still have they error which happens if you unplug your xbox for to long?