FTP X Y Z Drives

mtsaint

I used to be able to ftp to my x y and z drives. XBMC is modified so I can read my X Y Z Drives in my sources. Recently when I went to transfer some movies onto these drives I got a failure. Does anyone know why? I'm guessing I need to boot from a different bios or use a older version of XBMC. It would be nice to be able to put a psx game or a avi files into the directories because they are the perfect size. I tried avalaunch evox and unleashx every dash i tried failed so I'm guessing its my bios but I dont see how using the same one I always have . Using FlashFXP on Windows XP MCE.

Edited by mtsaint

Hey man!!!! Sorry but you are having the wrong view of the whole thing! ZYZ are virtual drives, some kind of "virtual caching" drives that are created when you are running things on your Xbox. They are not really there. They use spaces from the real ones CEF for example.

Cheers,

Cospefogo.

I used to be able to ftp to my x y and z drives. XBMC is modified so I can read my X Y Z Drives in my sources. Recently when I went to transfer some movies onto these drives I got a failure. Does anyone know why? I'm guessing I need to boot from a different bios or use a older version of XBMC. It would be nice to be able to put a psx game or a avi files into the directories because they are the perfect size. I tried avalaunch evox and unleashx every dash i tried failed so I'm guessing its my bios but I dont see how using the same one I always have . Using FlashFXP on Windows XP MCE.

XYZ drivers are more like cache memory used by the Xbox in all games to speed up loading and so on(Doom3 and Half Life heavily use this)... time from time while you change games, the content of these drivers are automatically deleted to be replaced by new data so its better not mess with then :lol:

Yep I know they are cache directories but for the longest time i was using them to temp store psx games and movies I didnt want on my regular harddrive space. It saves on cd's and I dont have to use samba to play games and watch movies.

I figured it was a bios issue booting directly into XBMC somehow blocks ftp access from these drives. If i use The same bios and boot directly into a different dash (smartxx fast boot options) ftp works normally.

Its kind of a extra step just to put some 700mb psx games, avi movies onto my box but its more reliable than samba. If you notice in xport emulators you can access the x y and z drives from the rom select menu.

Also the xyz drives are a constant they are not created on the fly. They have space reserved rather than creating the space as needed. Its the same as a virtual drive in linux the virtual drive isnt created every time you boot the machine its a constant space that has been partitioned. You can partition these tables in unleashX you just have to add them to the Partition menu.The x y z drives are accessible you just have to know how to access them. The files in the cache space usually remain there until another program clears the cache or you do so manually.

I've been using these virtual drives for years. Its better for me to use these drives than to constantly write to and erase to the main drives (c,e,f,g) as I can format them instantly defragging. Trust me its fine I played with and modded enough xbox's its just that the newer xbmc builds dont have these spaces set up to be used by default you need to modify your sources to show them. Go back to the 2.0.1 stable fat release if you have it. There are a ton of options included in the sources not available in the newer builds. Thats fine though newer XBMC builds got a tons of newer features like plugins built in.

You would be surprised at whats in your cache directories after playing videos from a few plugins.

Edited by mtsaint