American Express must die

Robert

Where I live, I'm lucky if the mail carrier even takes out the letters that I'm sending out. I have my flag up and the required stamps. They just don't want to do it. When a letter is sent to my address but that person doesn't live here, I not only put a notation, I also lift the flag. They never notice. It got to the point when I went up to the post office with a look of "you all shall die! I am the HULK-ESS" on my face and told them that the stuff I ATTEMPT to send out is usually to pay my bills. They finally got the point. A few weeks later, we received a card from the post office stating that they had to lay off some people and that I would have a different mail carrier. Yay. She hasn't screwed up yet. :(

• 2 weeks later...
Global Vantedge Private Limited

ABN 107 230 919

P O Box 161

ERSKINEVILLE NSW 2043

Telephone 1300 368 659

Fax 1300 306 714

6th April 2009

TONY ODONNELL

Private and Confidential

Dear Account Holder,

Re: American Express Australia Limited

Account Number: 37608737260100*

Reference Number: MRA72325

Total Balance Due: $5398.80

Regrettably we note you have not responded to our previous attempts to contact you.

We have now been instructed by our client to demand immediate payment of $5398.80 on this account.

Failure to contact this office or make the outstanding balance payment within seven days from the date on this letter may result in Global Vantedge seeking instructions from our client to commence legal proceedings against you.

We appreciate you may be experiencing financial hardship or other personal circumstances preventing you from making full payment on your account, it is now essential you contact this office on 1300 368 659 to organize a mutaully suitable repayment programme.

Well, I had rung this bunch previously and they are a pack of Indians who cannot speak English, and they would not believe me. So flock 'em.

"We appreciate you may be experiencing financial hardship or other personal circumstances preventing you from making full payment on your account."

Appreciate? hahah

Yeah..just f'm

• 2 weeks later...

Why should I bother?

Now, next installment...

In a Citibank envelope came a small handwritten card. It said:

citibank

THIS IS URGENT

Mr./Mrs./Miss Toni J O Donnell

Please Phone 02 8225 7504

between the hours of 9.00am and 5.00 pm

Ref: 18451001

M995 REV 08/03 PTO

Pls call urgently.

Can help.

Last & final chance

Just shows it was a total waste of my time and money ringing the bastards.