xp, recovering outlook mail

alexis

i have some important mail that i need to recover and my xp has screwed, it shows the blue screen of death while loading the files, of course i can restore it with the cd but the thing is that even recovering the uuser files data i will lost all my saved outlookmails so i want to know of there is a way to recover them, please i really need to recover that mail :D

If you have another computer you can always slap the hard drive in it and copy over the saved.eml files that are on the hard drive. Or take the hard drive to a friends and do the same thing.

I'm not sure where Outlook saves emails to (I don't save emails to my hard drive) but I know the have.eml extensions, so doing the above and doing a search for *.eml should locate them for you so you can back them up.

P.S. Don't forget that in doing the above, you will need to set the jumpers on your hard drive to SLAVE so that the drive isn't fighting with the drive on the other PC, for ownership of the MASTER access of the bus.

i have some important mail that i need to recover and my xp has screwed, it shows the blue screen of death while loading the files, of course i can restore it with the cd but the thing is that even recovering the uuser files data i will lost all my saved outlookmails so i want to know of there is a way to recover them, please i really need to recover that mail  :lol:

Whats Blue Screen of Death?Do U Have A Virus?