CHD files on mame for xbox!

fumanchu

i have been reading up a few things about this as i have never tried it before and it seems that it is possible.

i always thought it wasnt worth doing but a few things i have read up on have said that if you use a version of mameox from between 0.72 and 0.79 they seem to work ok,games like beatmania,primal rage2...

im going to try this out in the next few days,has anyone tried this out yet?

you have to put the chd imahes in the hd folder and name them the same as the rom you are launching.

tried it 3 or 4 yrs ago, most wont work and those that will require a lot of vm tweaks just to get running very slowly, however i do have the cpx3 emulator and it manages with small chd files.

tried it 3 or 4 yrs ago, most wont work and those that will require a lot of vm tweaks just to get running very slowly, however i do have the cpx3 emulator and it manages with small chd files.

you would be beter off using the roms instead of the chd files for cpx3,im geussing you will be getting slowdown.

Most CHDs require a 2-3GHz processor to run properly on a PC. I remember a few years back on my 1.8GHz Sempron machine that I struggled to run a lot of CHD games. I'm guessing the Xbox processor just isn't up to the job for the large majority of CHDs. Not to mention that most CHD titles are newer games which would struggle to run anyway and would take up far too much space on the HDD.

See here for a list of CHD games and their respective file sizes.