Just a thought

Tynvar

I was thinking something weird today. I will write down some thoughts and you guys tell me what you think.

After playing Shin Megami Tensei. I started to look up some of the arguments the game presents. And I found them to be somewhat interesting. Maybe not the way it's presented but if you think about it it's not far fetched. And no I'm not talking about demons and computers, but about good and evil.

God = Order

Devil = Chaos

George Washington was chaotic but he was good, revolution for a good cause. And far from what we think is the devil.

Hitler was order but he was bad. And close to our thoughts of what the devil is. He wanted perfection in a very evil way.

So order does not equal good and chaos does not equal evil.

Any thoughts?

;)

You can't have order in a human world, it would result in chaos and in-balance. Your proof are computers, machines, they are in order and operate to the utmost efficiency. But if they where to have emotion, I can bet that soon after turning on the power button the machine would revolt, claim freedom, and fight till it's destruction in order to obtain it.

You can't have chaos either, it would result it the desire of order. People would kill others in search of a hierarchy in where arguments and fist battles didn't exist. Eventually order would be born, and then the very same people who fought for order would realize that in the process of attempting to obtain it they loose the very emotion used to make society.

Good and Evil are described through the eye of the beholder, Hitler believed he was doing good and so did G.W. It's just a matter who ends up winning the battle that gets to decide who was right and who was wrong.

It is impossible to set a standard and not bring in order or chaos at the same time.

I agree with the balance. So human beings have to balance order and chaos in their daily lives to survive together. But then if there really is a god or a devil, and lets say for this thread that there is. Neither should win? The balance comes from the struggle? So maybe god isn't all that good according to what we believe or the devil as bad? We consider slavery bad. The devil was an angel created to serve god... sound familiar, and the day he say "no more" he is evil? Weird huh.

Edited by Tynvar

Chaos path then? Seems we all have some of chaos and some of order. I figure humans like the path of chaos when we don't have our way and once we do we strive for order in what we want to impose. So the problem is not god (s) or devil (s) but us :D

I haven't played spore my pc sucks. Care to illustrate? I guess you mean a bunch of silly things eating each other fighting to survive?

Pretty much, liek you are looking threw a microscope.

Just becasue we can speak, build things and be artistic, it still boils down to the same old stuff.

Survive, feed, mate.

Grim I know but life is a harsh reality sometimes.