Golden Tee Fore!

gjackx

Kind of new here (my 1st post), but I was wondering if anyone has any information on when roms for the Golden Tee Fore games might become available to the masses for MAME or any other emulator?

OR, any information about said games would be great (if somone happens to know).

Thanks!

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!

1. If they are going to appear for any emulator, it's going to be for MAME first and foremost.

2. No MAME repository has sufficient info regarding the Fore games, so that usually means that you won't be hearing much of anything about these for a good while.

3. It's also very likely that the Fore games run on completely new Incredible Technologies hardware, and the roms aren't even dumped, let alone having preliminary drivers.

Golden Tee Fore! added features such as player identification, statistics tracking and online tournaments. Player identification was enabled through the use of the Golden Tee Card (a.k.a Golden Tee Gold Card). Players could then use the card's ID number to create an online user account which could be used to track statistics such as average score and greens in regulation. The ID card also allowed the player to enter into weekly and monthly online tournaments which weren't held in real-time, but took the course of days or weeks to complete.

Given that it would appear the "Fore" games were not new games, just versions of existing GT games with the above features, I can't see the MAME team even bothering with them. None of the features in the "Fore" games can be implemented in an emulator without some sort of online database (The MAME team doesn't care for online multiplayer to begin with, so I can't see this either).

Golden Tee Fore! added features such as player identification, statistics tracking and online tournaments. Player identification was enabled through the use of the Golden Tee Card (a.k.a Golden Tee Gold Card). Players could then use the card's ID number to create an online user account which could be used to track statistics such as average score and greens in regulation. The ID card also allowed the player to enter into weekly and monthly online tournaments which weren't held in real-time, but took the course of days or weeks to complete.

Given that it would appear the "Fore" games were not new games, just versions of existing GT games with the above features, I can't see the MAME team even bothering with them. None of the features in the "Fore" games can be implemented in an emulator without some sort of online database (The MAME team doesn't care for online multiplayer to begin with, so I can't see this either).

The online multiplayer deal was just an added option and was rarely used by players. Many machines weren't even hooked up to a modem at all to allow for it. Nevertheless, the current "Live" editions offer a better version of this, and are readily used by most. I could see these versions being very difficult to emulate whenever the time comes.

Thanks for the feedback guys!