MAME Plus Ash-build problem

You don't have the proper MAME set for ROTD.

As for other Neo-Geo emulators, the likes of FBA, Nebula and Kawaks work with MAME sets. Yousohludn't bother with NeoRAGEx unless you happen to appreciate really old emulators (also, NeoRAGEx doesn't work with encrypted sets and doesn't use MAME sets nor the MAME Neo-Geo BIOS set).

Nebula works...

I've seen in some website dat renaming all the .bin files to .rom & then zipping them works in nebula or

kawaks is it true ? :unsure:

Nebula is old, that's why it works. The rom requirements for MAME have changed since then.

MAME, Nebula and Kawaks require that the roms have the correct CRC32, the actual names don't mean much. Renaming, therefore, won't make any difference.

However, NeorageX only uses filename, and the roms must end with .rom - maybe that's where the confusion lies.

Finally got all games 2 work (KOF,SS)...

I used to set the game timings from 60sec to infinity and also the difficulty level in KOF2003 through settings

menu in the game.But I forgot the key to access the menu

Could somebody pls tell me the exact key for the same :)

If you mean KOF2003's own options menu, just switch the game into Console mode and you'll see it. Only the Test menu and the game's own Options menu can be used to change the difficulty, time, the number of rounds, etc.

Every Neo-Geo game has both an Arcade mode and a Console mode built-in. The arcade mode is just what it says, with coin inputs and all that. Console mode is the one with an options menu, often a practice mode, four continues, etc. etc.

It's been a while, but you can switch to Neo-Geo Console mode in MAME by switching to the Neo-Geo AES BIOS, or through the DIP settings in MAME's in-game menu. My memory fails me, so someone else can fill in.