MAME Plus Ash-build problem

hi,

i m a newbie in this forum :D

and this is my thread regarding the title.

whenever i try to play KOF2001 or KOF2003 or Samurai Showdown 5

the game load upto 100% but when initialising message comes a pop-up message comes

which says: "Failed to allocate #####bytes src/mame/machine/neocrpt.c:535"

where ##### is some integers which i dont remember..

pls help i desperately wants 2 play these games :)

Sounds like your computer doesn't have enough RAM.

Or else the emulator is buggy.

Try a different emulator.

What is the minimum RAM required for it to work...

Btw I have played all this 6 months ago in the same emulater...

I have downloaded MAMEFX32 and MAMEUI32 they also didnt worked well and i have one doubt they didnt

have mameplib.dll file in the root directory but it is there in ash-build MAME ? why is it so ? :thumbsup1:

Edited by Blade22

Because IIRC, Ash is based on MAME Plus!, not MAMEFX or MAMEUI.

What is IIRC ? :thumbsup1:

Is it true that the bootleg version of a original game is made for low-end PCs such as PIII.

and moreover can we play a game thru its bootleg copy only?

What difference is there in these roms such as KOF 10th anniversary spl,KOF 10th unique,etc with the original

version ?

IIRC = If I Recall/Remember Correctly. Bootlegs of arcade games have nothing to do with PCs, nor to they affect any perceived performance.

Bootlegs are usually made with cheaper parts (PCB's, chips etc.) and perhaps contain some edited graphics, thus being hacks. Bootlegs are in essence, cheap knock-offs of the original product.

Changes in the likes of KOF10th Anniversary and other include edited graphics and music in some parts of the game, edited palettes different or slightly altered gameplay elements, no name a few.

I suggest you take a look at MAWS (http://www.mameworld.net/maws/) and read for yourself.

Sometimes the original has encrypted roms, and requires extra memory to decode them; where as the bootleg may already be decrypted. The only difference is more memory is needed (for the original version) before the game starts. After that, they are the same.

Sometimes the original has encrypted roms, and requires extra memory to decode them; where as the bootleg may already be decrypted. The only difference is more memory is needed (for the original version) before the game starts. After that, they are the same.

thanx for the info...

i've downloaded "rage of the dragons (rotd.zip)"

but after auditing the game in MAME PLus it says incorrect length for 264-m1.bin & 264-m1-decripted.bin

they were of 64KB then i tweaked them & made them to size 128KB but now it gives error message dat\

incorrect value SHA1....something like this only...is this game not playable on MAME :(

I have one more doubt can i play the MAME roms such as the neogeo games (KOF,Samurai Showdown)

in some other emulator such as NeoRageX or any other...if yes then what the method ? :unsure:

You don't have the proper MAME set for ROTD.

As for other Neo-Geo emulators, the likes of FBA, Nebula and Kawaks work with MAME sets. You shouldn't bother with NeoRAGEx unless you happen to appreciate really old emulators (also, NeoRAGEx doesn't work with encrypted sets and doesn't use MAME sets nor the MAME Neo-Geo BIOS set).

Yep, your rotd.zip is out of date.

NeorageX is only for decrypted sets that don't do banking, in other words, the older (pre-1999) sets. Some newer sets work, but you'll need to do some trial-and-error testing. As Agozer said, it has a lot of disadvantages, such as needing special "Neogeo" sets (not MAME sets).