Current Robotics

Krosigrim

Well it is said scientific knowledge doubles each year. Well at least fundamentally... it is true. We are at an age where knowledge is easily transferred. I can start a project, and think tank it with people from around the world instantly. Distance for the most part is not an issue. So in any given field, breakthroughs are frequent and commonplace.

Well this is what I came accross while looking through related videos through youtube about that exoskeleton bike.

Now I have seen ALOT of variants, and alot of models similar to this produced by other companies accross the world. But this is probably the best example of advancement in exoskeleton technology. I have seen another that was finished in 05 (why bother showing the vid.) and it was a lesser version of this here... and it focused only on carry loads. It only had leg actuators. But this is likely the evolution from that prior design. As you see, they are working on this tech for armored suits. Hey Gryph... real life "Power Armor" sweeeet!

Well in other fields we have this....

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">This is the latest in advancement for "Big Dog"

All I have to say... is flocking sh!t!!!!! I am no programmer. But I do realize how ridiculous getting this thing to function even in the slightest, most basic capacity... much less where it is now. DID YOU SEE IT!? Shoved... but corrected itself. Slipping on Ice... but kept it's balance for the most part. Crossed a pile of bricks... multiple terrains, snowy piles, rock beds... sonova biatch.

Now years and years back... this was IMPOSSIBLE. But now... look at it. Most impressive was when it was shoved really hard by the guy, and when it was slipping on the ice. Absolutely fantastic. That jumping stunt was a real big deal too. I'm sure they can make that work alot better though.

But imagine this... 10 years from now... fully integrated and adaptive balancing algorithms. Miniaturized... everything, power source etc. etc. State of the art armor, and weapons. Multiple visual functions... infra red, night vision, ultra zoom. Id imagine the weapons to be calibrated to a very accurate degree. Imagine this thing coming out of the woods like a bat out of hell... what are you gonna do? It would freak the sh!t out of me!!! More than some crazy man armed with a shotgun and machete... with blood pouring from his mouth jumping out of my shower while I take a sh!t. What the hell are you gonna do to an armed, and armored version of this thing? It looks creepy as hell too! When it was vieing for balance on the ice... it seemed almost alive. Like they actually plugged a biological brain into the damn thing... which I wouldn't put it past them. Robo monkeys and rat robots... I have actually seen the mechanical appendages controlled by monkey brain signals... as for the rat brain powered whatever it was... I don't even want to research it right now... Well speaking of creepy things, they should place some ultra creepy face on it to further terrorize its victims.

Well that's that. Ultra cool robotics. I'm telling ya... Power Armor, and armed robot dogs... It's just like Fallout 2. So... where do I order a "Super Sledge"

How about they make more useful stuff in that field...like the iron man suit? :(

With all the nifty gadgets and such.

Edited by Hera

How about they make more useful stuff in that field...like the iron man suit? :naughty:

With all the nifty gadgets and such.

Well that will happen once they work out the issues, current and down the road. They have come a long way, in a very short amount of time.

Edited by Belthasar

Wow. What about a moble suit? Better yet a bipedal tank. Of course, a soilder's life isn't worth millions of dollars.

Yea but killing more efficiently is... apparently. Just give it more time. Once this tech is worked out... expect it to migrate to other applications... mobile suits as you say, The more mobile an armaments is... the more it can kill... so the powers that be will definitely want some.

Ok alittle info about the "rat brain" robots.

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

(Above) So apparently they culture the cells. So.. here we see wireless "brain" control.

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

SO the they say the cells only live for about 3 months. And each time they change them out, the "cyborg" displays different behavior.

So what do you think about that?

HAHAHA a funny spoof about the "Big Dog"