can't get Coinops+ to run.

Guest JCD

First and foremost I followed the instructions for installing Coinops+ very carefully and I have checked and doubled checked everything. I made absolutely sure that I deleted the 4d* directories before ftping over the Tdata and Udata directories. I have an v1 XBOX with an Enigmah chip installed. I never bothered to get a better modchip because it worked for what I needed at the time and I rarely had time to play games or homebrew anyways back then. I created a custom boot CD that boots evox and has entries in the menu to autoadd anything it finds on the E drive in GAMES or APPS directories. It correctly finds Coinops and adds it as a menu option but will not boot it.

All I can think is that is must be related to my modchip since it is one of the first ones available. The problem is not limited to just coinops either. In fact, the only homebrew I can seem to get to work is XBMC which is installed on the harddrive also. I have tried a few of the other emulators available and they all seem to hang when selected from the evox menu. I even tried PBL but had the same problem. I am hoping someone may have had a similar problem and there is a simple explanation. Could it be related to the Enigmah chip? I'm at a loss as I think I've run out of options on what to try next. I'm seriously considering biting the bullet and flashing the tsop with the latest xecuter bios as it seems to be the one that everyone recommends.

Ideas? Suggestions?

I tried booting it from XBMC and it just hung also. It's very strange. I am using an older build of evox so I am going to make a new boot cd with build 3935 which seems to be the latest. Is it possible that the enigmah chip won't run apps built with a newer version of the media kit? I'm just not sure where else to go from here although I refuse to give up! lol

so have you tried booting it with xbmc?

just go into the file explorer and hit the default.xbe of coinops.i have a generation one xcuter chip and bios and have any problems.

Edited by JCD

I can try that. I am using the original harddrive that came with my xbox which I believe is 10g.

you should download slayers auto installer andthat will evox into your hard-drive.

what sizeofhdddo you haveandhas itbeen formatted with a f drive.

Grabbing it now. I vaguely remember something about the enigmah chip will not run anything except the oldest dashboard so upgrading the dashboard to MS latest is a bad idea. Is this true? It's been a very long time since I've messed around with this. Ultimately I'm hoping to make my xbox a media center and also an emulation machine since my 360 can play my xbox games already. thanks for all your help.

Grab Auto Installer Deluxe 4.30 instead. It was only released very recently. Slayers is massively out of date. AID will give you all the latest dashes, apps and emus too.

I think I am going to have to just give in and flash the tsop and get it over with. I was right. The enigmah chip is not a replacement for the existing MS bios, it only patches it on boot up so installing a later dashboard/kernel could stop my xbox from booting as the enigmah chip would try to patch a kernel it doesn't recognize. I'm probably better off flashing the tsop anyways as it will give me much more compatibility and more options. I was just hoping to be able to do this without having to take it all apart and removing the enigmah chip and then soldering the motherboard to enable tsop flashing.

well dont bother installing evo-x or the ms dashboard.just install xbmc as your main dash and maybe install unleash-x as a second dash.

Have you tried patching the "default.xbe" files on things that don't work?

I have to do this on my Xbox with some of the games/apps that come out.

I use "dexbe" to turn the "debug" default.xbe file into "retail" default.xbe file.

Works 99% of the time....

:(