street fighter II : hyper fighting not recognized in MameUI 0.127

rook2pawn

thanks robert for your help :D

edit:

once i find what im looking for (buf1, ioa1, prg1, sou1) how do i incorporate it into the game?

also how can mame32k 0.64 play sf2t but mameUI .127 cannot? is the buf1, ioa1, prg1 "built-in" to mame32k .64 ?

Edited by rook2pawn

thanks robert for your help :D

edit:

once i find what im looking for (buf1, ioa1, prg1, sou1) how do i incorporate it into the game?

also how can mame32k 0.64 play sf2t but mameUI .127 cannot? is the buf1, ioa1, prg1 "built-in" to mame32k .64 ?

You "incorporate" them by putting the files in the romset, though chances are that you'll find a full romset for the game instead of just single files. MAME32K can play the game because it doesn't emulate the PALs and thus does not need them, while 0.127 does.

• 2 months later...

Did you find out how to do this? I'm having very similar problems with SF2 and SF2CE.

Also how do you find out what constitutes a "full" romset?

Since asking this I've found the following info posted by Agozer the admin....

Basically what I do with the changelogs on MAMEInfo is go through them and look for entries that say "Renamed files for set X", "Renamed sets to match X", "Added new Y roms to set X", or something similar.

Another way is to visit a MAME resource database like MAWS. Search for your sets there and look at their change history across MAME versions. Granted, 9 times out of 10 the MAME changes affect MAME emulation routines only, and not so much the contents or names of individual romsets and the files within.

Like Robert said, rom managers can identify outdated sets fast and easy. I've never used one myself apart from curiosity, and because I don't think I need one. They are not very difficult to use. Furthermore, MAME itself is also a pretty good indicator if your sets are outdated in the sense that romsets that it can't "find" when you scan for available romsets never appear or appear as corrupt or incomplete. When you try to run one of these sets, MAME will tell you what files it is unable to load.

Now with some help from CLRMamePro and a bit of fiddling I've managed to find the files and we're all go.

Edited by paulberesford76