Game Design Colleges

cody56

Hey guys, I'm currently a freshman at a college in Iowa. I've been trying to figure out what I wanna major in, and I just started looking at game design. Short story even shorter, they don't offer anything like that here. Is there anybody here that knows reputable colleges for game design or game programming in the US? Or is there anybody here that went through with this major??

Hey guys, I'm currently a freshman at a college in Iowa. I've been trying to figure out what I wanna major in, and I just started looking at game design. Short story even shorter, they don't offer anything like that here. Is there anybody here that knows reputable colleges for game design or game programming in the US? Or is there anybody here that went through with this major??

/gg UAT baby! lol :) It's going to be sweet if we both go!

The one where they teach you how to tighten graphics on level 3.

But seriously, there is the Guildhall in Dallas and that place in Seattle where the pOrtal devs got their start. However, I think mod work/level design and self taught programming would also go a long way too. A strong portfolio and experience speaks strongly. Of course a school along with experience would be great.

The one where they teach you how to tighten graphics on level 3.

HAHAHAHAHA

I hate those commercials!!! They are an insult to anyone who seriously consider that career. All they bring in are morons who fall for that BULLSH|T!!! I have seen many companies of that kind, where they insult you inelegance. But obviously... Do extensive research on whatever you come across. We have a Fullsail down here in Orlando. They have state of the art equipment, The areas only floating sound room. Something about it not being effected by the environment at all. And the school is majorly expensive. Well they offer classes to both the music industry, and the gaming industry. They boast a 90% job placement ratio, but once you do your research, you realize they left out the fact, that they were only referencing the music industry side of it. Once we found out, all my friends pitched their brochures.

All I'm saying, is be careful. Not that you wouldn't... I'm just saying.