Flash Advertisements for Finding True Love and Dating ....

Alpha

Here's a little rant for today. I'm tired of seeing these flash advertisements for these love and dating relationship websites. You guys know what I'm talking about. They are absolutely everywhere!

You see an advertisement for a website with a flash video clip automatically playing with a pretty woman typing on her laptop and laughing and smiling, while revealing more and more cleavage. What's next? I liked it when advertisements were just 1-5 frame GIF animations. Now if I by accident move my mouse to the wrong side of a website, I'm suddenly watching the trailer for "Pineapple Express".

I am just amazed at how popular Flash has become these days. It almost went out of usage for a time and now suddenly everyone is using it after the popularity of YouTube and other such sites. And no, I'm not going to install Adblock Plus anytime soon for "webmaster reasons". :P

I feel you on that. I hate advertisements as a whole... They always seem to insult my intelligence. They are geared towards ... well ... stupid people who cannot think on their own. It sucks even more now, because these types of ads, are infringing our personal space.

I remember those TV commercials, where there is a stripper looking girl saying "call now" what dumbass actually calls up? But ya know what, people do. sad

I'm kinda numb to the whole thing. and ad-block plus keeps most of em away from me.

the only dating site I can recommend is www.zombieharmony.com

Yeah, Adblock plus does a pretty decent job, and FlashBlock complements that. Although FlashBlock does have its issues, like forcing you to keep and extensive whitelist unless you want to click on that little icon every time you want to view even one flash animation on a page.

Ugh, those advertisements are indeed geared towards those with less critical thinking while they're on the Internet.