Question

Will I be able to buy a 360 and then switch out the DVD Drive with a flashed drive and also avoiding breaking the warranty by using a blow dryer for the sticker, and if I get the RRoD, switch out the flashed drive with the original that came with the one I bought and also use the blow dryer method a second time?

Will I be able to buy a 360 and then switch out the DVD Drive with a flashed drive and also avoiding breaking the warranty by using a blow dryer for the sticker, and if I get the RRoD, switch out the flashed drive with the original that came with the one I bought and also use the blow dryer method a second time?

AFAIK you need the 'key' from the existing drive to flash the other drive with. Why not just flash the drive in it and if you need to 'un-flash' it you can?

Because the flashed drive I have was not flashed by myself.

Well I think you need to flash the drive using the key from the original drive for it to work. You can't just use any flashed drive as a replacement/substitute.

yup, the drive is tied to the mother board with a key. you can't swap them with out first flashing the original drives info onto the new drive.

effectively, the pre-flashed drive you have is a paperweight.