Nintendo Set To Launch Wii Fit In US

The highly anticipated game will launch first at its company store in New York City on Monday, and will roll out across its entire retail channel by Wednesday.

Wii Fit has already been a huge hit in Japan, where it launched over the last holiday season, selling 1.4 million units. Nintendo says it expects to sell three million copies here in the US.

Like the Wii console, Wii Fit will be hard to find. Many retailers are already sold out of their initial stocks, and some have completely sold out of their allocations through pre-orders, according to news reports.

Retailers are also heavily promoting the launch -- a full page of Best Buy's weekly circular was devoted to the product, and others like Circuit City are selling the device alongside promotions for related items and accessories.

The game, which comes with the Wii Balance Board, retails for $89.99 in the US. It is likely to become the next big hit of the year for Nintendo, following Super Smash Brothers: Brawl, and Mario Kart Wii. If it is as successful as retailers are expecting, it will become the first hit game designed around health and fitness.

The balance board is something of a variable pressure switch, able to detect movements such as leaning in different directions and crouching due to the shift it detects in weight disbursement. It connects wirelessly to the console.

Nintendo says it plans to tour the US and Canada over the next two months to promote the product, allowing consumers to get a first hand look at the game.

I have looked at this and thought about getting one, but with my big ass I would probably break the board.

Source HERE