Windows and Boot Camp

I am an avid Windows user, and while I am not fond of Macs, I'm not exactly an Apple hater. Ahem. Anyway, I want to buy a laptop this year and am considering a MacBook solely on the back of it being able to run Windows and OSX.

Here's my question; apart from the price, is there any disadvantage of running XP on a Mac as opposed to a real PC laptop? Things I want to know specifically about are;

-Application compatibility? (Games, drivers etc etc)

-Hardware access? (Would Windows & apps run as fast as on a PC of equal specs)

-Partitioning / drive consumption (Does the XP installation take up more space on the disc or anything like that)

If I made this purchase it would be like having a Windows laptop with OSX as a bonus really, and since some folks swear by Final Cut Pro and Motion. What do you all think? Good idea or not?

I was looking into the same thing last year. boot camp is not the only option also vmware or parallels. I seem to remember all those options needing 10+gb for the windows installation. Once its all set up its just like any other windows laptop. I ultimately decided against it due to cost vs the novelty of having OSX.