get mp3s from streaming radio?

Inky

is there any kind of program around that can grab streaming music and save it as mp3?

• 2 months later...
Guest jim_doomber

Radiotracker,works for recording internet radios and saves the recordings as mp3's.Database of around 15.000 stations.

but, still, it isn't illegal to save musics from internet???

Gee, I wonder. :(

Ripping streamed Internet radio is the same thing as recording a conventional radio program to a C-casette.

but, still, it isn't illegal to save musics from internet???

watch out here comes the FBI! :(

Guest jim_doomber

Depends on where you save it from, p2p and so on ..not such a good ideea.Recording radio station?Not illegal, it's the same thing as recording a radio show on a cassette.That's how they did it in the old days and I haven't heard of anyone being in jail for that. :lol:

Depends on where you save it from, p2p and so on ..not such a good ideea.Recording radio station?Not illegal, it's the same thing as recording a radio show on a cassette.That's how they did it in the old days and I haven't heard of anyone being in jail for that. :lol:

back in the day Metallica encouraged bootleg recordings of their shows. but they hate P2P. old/non-tech people can't correlate old tech and new.

Guest jim_doomber

well, it's not about hating p2p, it's more about the fact that these sharing networks are considered illegal, and if u get caught using them it's not such good news.That thing with recording streaming radios is way better, I never heard of anyone being prosecuted for doing this.And as long as I keep the files for myself I should be on the safe side.

I guess you're right, why should be illegal if the downloaded files are for personal use? I asked this cause I always buy music as I thought it's illegal to get musics from internet. Seeing this way to get more music and also for free I guess I'll try this tool.