12 Angels in Evangelion?

I notice a bunch of you guys listed Evangelion 1.0 in the movies thread. Since I don't post anywhere else to follow the discussion on this, I'd like to know what your thoughts are on this point;

Sachiel is now the 4th angel, apparently. At this point Gendo also states that there are 8 remaining angels. That would place the total angel count at 12, right? Obviously in the original series Sachiel was the 3rd, not the 4th angel, and there were 18/19 in total.

So my question is this; even if the new Lilith-lookalike explains why Sachiel has been bumped to number 4, does Gendo's comment suggest that some of the later angels are going to be cut from the Rebuild series? At the rate we're going some would have to be to fit into the 3-movie retelling of the series - it doesn't look like there'd be the time to go through them all.

In shrot, since I'm grabbing it from IRC right now. The whole movie rectons the whole TV series.

can sum1 plz tell wtf happened in tha movie at the end with all the friggin deaths and blood.

I mean, was shinji and eva supposed to be the new adam/eve!?!?!?

I believe im referring to the first movie where i think shinji jizzed on aya...

can sum1 plz tell wtf happened in tha movie at the end with all the friggin deaths and blood.

Dude, it's Asuka not Aya or Eva.

They all died because they had to leave their bodies behind. The next evolutionary step was to become one. No one alone, no one left behind. So they all died to become one spirit or being. Shinji was asked the decision if he wanted this and he said that with all the pain and so on he would rather be who he is so... Shinji and Asuka return to make a new world. The blood or pool seen is the primeval soup, its what starts life.

It looks like some of the less spectacular angels will be dropped, I'm thinking of Ireul primarily there, why waste time with one's that won't look very good? even the not so brilliant in the series Ramiel battle got a hell of an upgrade for the first film so its a fairly safe bet that its visual impact they are going for with at least most of the battles. It'll be interesting to see if we get a third (fourth if Sadamoto finishes the manga first perhaps) different ending, having already had two alternates to choose from of course (though I won't mention which is the happy one to me, not wanting to open that can of worms). Hope some good quality subs are finished soon timed to the DVD, gotta reauthor it with subs on, those clips online last year didn't do it justice.

They all died because they had to leave their bodies behind. The next evolutionary step was to become one. No one alone, no one left behind. So they all died to become one spirit or being. Shinji was asked the decision if he wanted this and he said that with all the pain and so on he would rather be who he is so... Shinji and Asuka return to make a new world. The blood or pool seen is the primeval soup, its what starts life.

Actually, the ending is, if the people who were absorbed (still alive) wanted to come back (being WILLPOWER beats ALL), they would come back ala Shinji. Appear somewhere randomly.

Something I thought of last night that may also factor into the 12, one translation has Apostle instead of Angel, this can be seen in some of the figures that have come out such as this one further delving into western mythology changing to 12 of them I wonder?