SPOILED UNDER-30 CROWD!

James

What has happened, is an atmosphere for creating lazy asses. I am turning 30 this year. My generation is probably one of the last for being raised, is a situation that invokes critical thinking.

No bottled water when you were thirsty, you drank from the hose.

If you couldn't play football, you weren't playing, none of this BS where kids with no ability are playing too.

I can go on and on, but it was survival of the fittest.

There are alot of advantages today, but without critical thinking, how are to use the things readily available. Hell, even I am not at my full potential. All this information at my fingertips, and all I do is play games. Sure I am a skilled tactician now, and a multi tasking, macro managing freak. I know how to secure a room, so on and so forth... but I don't read like I should. I don't go out as much as I used to and I flocking work for myspace now so I don't even have a real job anymore. It's as if I have been tainted. This era of laziness has tempted me, and I am falling. I'm out of shape, and my knowledge is still minimal. I used to draw, but all I do play games, watch movies, and post on this forum. I don't neglect my girl, but I neglect calling my Mom often enough to say hi.

Take this to heart. We are spoiled. Do something with what we have. Research... Learn... Inspire... Expand... GROW... Do not dwindle your time as I have. Before you know it, you'll have lost your youth, and still be no-where. Read a book, go jogging, learn a new dish to cook, draw, use the microwave less... heh. Do what you do, just mix it up. When was the last time I went to the bar, and shot some pool??? Damn, I gotta get on the ball, and if you lived near me, I'd drag you with me to shoot some pool.

Ok... this rant was definitely left at a minimum. But the topic got me thinking about what has been bothering me for awhile now. My own lazy ass self.

Ehh... I'm done.

I feel exactly the same way, but I lack the willpower to change anything... It doesn't depress me though, which I think is a bad thing because all I keep saying is "I'll do it tomorrow/next week/when I'm done with my current problems", and I always freakin postpone my current problems until they overwhelm me and nothing can be done about it...

I wish I had more time to spend back in Romania. I've tried long distance with a girl there and she could really motivate me... But now it's not working anymore, so yeah, things are looking bleak...

I feel exactly the same way, but I lack the willpower to change anything... It doesn't depress me though, which I think is a bad thing because all I keep saying is "I'll do it tomorrow/next week/when I'm done with my current problems", and I always freakin postpone my current problems until they overwhelm me and nothing can be done about it...

I wish I had more time to spend back in Romania. I've tried long distance with a girl there and she could really motivate me... But now it's not working anymore, so yeah, things are looking bleak...

Ahh the familiar sounds of complacency. The secret... IS willpower. Sure, getting help and support from others can go a great deal, but it boils down to, "if you cannot help yourself, you will fail" Friends and Family... Loved ones are a tremendous support. But even if someone helps you, if you do not capitalize on the situation, it will all slip through your fingers. If you want to succeed in life, you gotta struggle. If you aren't struggling, you aren't working hard enough. What happens to me, is I work hard to get somewhere, and when I'm there, instead of taking the next step... I chill, and do not build upon the life I am forging. I am not mad about it, because the only thing that matters in life, is others... and how you treat them. So I have no regrets. But I sure would like to work on things here and now, while I still can... instead of wasting away opportunities, by being complacent.

WAKE UP!

That was not meant to offend, it's just, it often feels like a dream, where nothing is real enough, until its too late.... so... wake up.

Ahh the familiar sounds of complacency. The secret... IS willpower. Sure, getting help and support from others can go a great deal, but it boils down to, "if you cannot help yourself, you will fail" Friends and Family... Loved ones are a tremendous support. But even if someone helps you, if you do not capitalize on the situation, it will all slip through your fingers. If you want to succeed in life, you gotta struggle. If you aren't struggling, you aren't working hard enough. What happens to me, is I work hard to get somewhere, and when I'm there, instead of taking the next step... I chill, and do not build upon the life I am forging. I am not mad about it, because the only thing that matters in life, is others... and how you treat them. So I have no regrets. But I sure would like to work on things here and now, while I still can... instead of wasting away opportunities, by being complacent.

WAKE UP!

That was not meant to offend, it's just, it often feels like a dream, where nothing is real enough, until its too late.... so... wake up.

Didn't take any offense whatsoever. I know you're trying to help. While I know what the secret is, I don't know the way to getting any of said willpower... I like the way how you think do. I feel the same way. What's most important in life is the people around you... The Paladin way...