daemon tools went adware?

Inky

I recently had to re-download daemon tools and the damn thing changed my homepage and default search engine. did I get the wrong thing or did daemon tools turn into adware/spyware?

IIRC, it's been like that for a while now. There is a free version to my understanding, but I still refuse to call any version of DT spyware. Unless there's reasonable doubt that the adware they use is really spyware. Seriously, adware gets a bad rap these days.

Then again, you could always acquire the Pro version through other "channels".

well it works and other then having to change my homepage back I haven't noticed any ill effects so I'll not worry about it anymore. I was just worried may I got ahold of some spyware clone.

Then again, you could always acquire the Pro version through other "channels".

Not the most recent version though, which has been uncracked for several months....

Check Scene sources, its there. It just hasn't spread everywhere else yet for some reason.

Personally I think Daemon tools offers no advantage to what is offered in Alcohol 120% so I just use that.

Alcohol 120% cuts you off after 30 days if you don't buy the full version. I was a little surprised when Avast picked up adware within the zip sitting on my hard drive, but said adware didn't exist anywhere else in my HD or ram, so I'm guesssing they weren't so evil as to integrate it into the program itself.

Download it, run it, scan for it, relax.