Practicing Environmentalism

Diso

I'm going to do one of those school assignment topic things here for research purposes. I may or may not decide to choose the particular essay topic this topic requires, but anyways, it's still interesting to see input on this

So the question would be: Do you guys practice environmental friendly actions (ie recycling)? If yes or no, why or why not. Pretty much asking for your motives.

Anyways, my view on environmentalism is pretty lax and uncaring. I really don't think about the environment that much when I do stuff. For example, I don't litter because I think about the years it takes to throw away styrofoam; it's more about that I don't want to put trash lying around and putting a bother on someone else. Also for recycling, if there's recycling, I just do it because it's there. Not much of the 'guilt trip' that is often described when people practice recycling duties because we consume so much and emit much gases. Also, I guess I was just 'psychologically programmed' to do it when I was young to recycle and junk like that since it wasn't much of a hinderance to perform those tasks.