Name a fun crazy thing you did!

Lucandrake

When I was in highschool, me and my friends would take vodka in waterbottles, and buy those 1 pint orange juice, and pound during lunch =).

But nothing beats the idiot I saw handling mercury with his bare hands and putting it in his mouth. what an idiot.

Wow, did anything happen to the guy after he swallowed it?

Hmm.. I don't think this is true or not:

Mercury metal is a silver-gray liquid. When exposed to the air or if spilled, mercury metal vapor gets into the air where it can be breathed into the lungs. The warmer the temperature, the more quickly the mercury gets into the air. Mercury can also be absorbed through the skin but is not harmful if swallowed. If spilled mercury is not cleaned up completely, it easily gets spread around. Mercury can be spread around work, car, and home from shoes, clothing, hair and other objects with tiny drops of mercury metal on them.

http://www.nj.gov/health/eoh/survweb/mercury.htm

This sounds more true:

EDIT (RE: swallowing metallic mercury):

It poisons you. It doesn't kill you instantly though. because the substances in mercury are !!extremely!! toxic. that's why they don't really put it in thermomiters anymore. it doesnt. My co worker Kevin says that back when he was younger he knew people, like teachers who would swallow a little bit and a few minutes later it would pop out the back end in their pants. Like right through you Because it is poisonous Mercury effects your brain and central nervous system heavily, without this you will lose bodily function and die. Death time will depend on the amount of mercury exposed to. It wouldn't kill you instantly, but is fairly lethal stuff. Even breathing in particles is enough. It acts as a poison on the body, mainly affecting the liver but also causing blood poisoning. Not instantly, but mercury is highly carcinogenic (cancer-inducing) and binds with soft metals and organic tissue. If you swallowed it, it would be in you blood stream within the hour, and, depending on the amount, might cause cancer after a while or kill your liver. Either way, swallowing mercury isn't a good idea. becoz its toxic Mercury (Hg) is toxic. NO

A little mercury is all that humans need to do away with themselves quietly, slowly, and surely

Let’s start with a straightforward fact:

Mercury is unimaginably toxic and dangerous.

A single drop on a human hand can be irreversibly fatal.

A single drop in a large lake can make all the fish in it unsafe to eat.

Often referred to as quicksilver, mercury is the only common metal that is liquid at room temperature. Alchemists, including the young Sir Isaac Newton, believed it was the source of gold. In the modern era, it became a common ingredient of paints, diuretics, pesticides, batteries, fluorescent lightbulbs, skin creams, antifungal agents, vaccines for children, and of course, thermometers. There is probably some in your mouth right now: So-called silver dental fillings are half mercury.

Source: http://www.byedr.com/medicine/2233-1-byedr.html

Any chemists here? Seems like that kid was an absolute idiot.

Chat with a girl for whole night, then took her out for breakfast then chat with another girl for half a day in front of the first girl making her jealous. And the 2nd girl got a 36D cup while the first is as flat as the Praire Plains

I hit a massive speed bump (The real big hill type nasty ones painted yellow) at my college going around 35 just for fun. It was pretty awkward being completely airborne in my Buick. I didn't really know what to think mid-air I was just kind of shocked, but after I landed I was like AWESOME!!! Some people up on the hill where just standing there with their jaws dropped. I'm lucky the campus police didn't see me do it.