Do the newer televisions support PAL and NTSC now?

Alpha

I was thinking about this the other day and for you guys with Plasma's and LCD TVs with HD built in, does your television support PAL and NTSC? If so, I got to start thinking about buying myself one, as it would really help for playing PAL games/movies/etc. Let me know your results. :P

My 50inch Panasonic Widescreen 1080i Plasma, my 22inch CRT in my room both have the option to switch between the two NTSC standards and PAL. I have them both on auto, and rarely switch them to NTSC

(Only with the exclusion of playing Resident Evil 4 on my Wii which I got imported from the states and doesnt run in colour with my TV in PAL).

Theres also a older TV in my sisters room, maybe 5 years old and it has the option as well.

Bottom line is pretty much any TV you buy today will have the option.

My TV still doesn't fully support the NTSC signal (black and white screen), and IIRC, it's less than 12 years old. :/

There is few that did not support it, Does your model claim to support it?

Some TV's did not auto switch and had to change it yourself. On my NEC I have set to auto..

My TV still doesn't fully support the NTSC signal (black and white screen), and IIRC, it's less than 12 years old. :/

There is few that did not support it, Does your model claim to support it?

Some TV's did not auto switch and had to change it yourself. On my NEC I have set to auto..

IIRC, probably not, and it's pretty obvious looking at the TV screen. Still, it's pretty damn strange that my PS2 and US R1 DVD give me a black and white screen, yet when my friend brougth his GameCube over, NTSC mode works like a charm there.

Yes, HDTVs do PAL and NTSC

Remember though, That PAL and NTSC are standard formats, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, etc. are High Definition formats. Meaning when you run things in NTSC or PAL, they are NOT in High Definition unless upscaled, which raises another debate about high definition or not.

One of the purposes to HD formats was to do away with annoying incompatible formats like NTSC and PAL, everyone uses the same HD formats everywhere.