Review: Upgrade from Vista to XP

Robert

hahah good article. I want to upgrade to XP too. unfortunately my lappy has a SATA drive and no floppy. so it don't work....

the XP discs I've tried don't support SATA. you need a floppy to load the sata drivers. I'm sure there is another way I just haven't found it.

As much as i agree with most of the stuff he says, xp has been out for 4 or 5 years compared to Vista which is NEW. Yes i know that when something is released it shouldnt be crap, but you have to wait and see. It will get thier, especially when microsoft screws everybody by saying no more updates for xp. I for one will stay using vista as i bought my computer with it and dont feel like upgrading/downgrading my OS. If i wanted to change i would of.

the XP discs I've tried don't support SATA. you need a floppy to load the sata drivers. I'm sure there is another way I just haven't found it.

if I remember right I think some BIOSes have a feature where you can put your SATA drives into ATA compatibility mode and install that way...