Wii now #1 selling console this generation so far

Gryph

It just depends on Wii. First party wise the selection is decent, but when it comes to 3rd party, it's a trash bin of games mostly. Nobody is taking the time to fully invest in the hardware like when Capcom made RE4 specifically for `Cube. Anyone remember it's technical powerress then? It was MADNESS. Recently Gamebyro's SDK was just made Wiiable, so maybe a company will step up and deliver.

Also news on the front is SNK is releasing a few Neo-Geo titles on WiiVC finally in the U.S.

Also, I have taken a peak at the PS3 lately, because my nephew is planning on buying one, but once again, at the current time, the selection of games is just trash.

and lol at LSD for the only way to him to play games is to pirate them.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no choice but to resort to piracy. An original game can cost easily MYR200 = USD50 which is almost 5% of my salary. Piracy offer you an alternative of MYR18 - 25 = USD4 - USD6. Which would you choose?

It seems as though the Wii has the most solid marketing plan. Their primary audience is a little bit more broad, it attracts all ages of gamers, from kids to adults. Without the Virtual Console or the Backwards compatibility capabilities, the Wii isn't much to speak of. There aren't enough exclusive multiplayer games, and the Wi-Fi connection is something I'm pretty iffy about. All they need is a more games, then the Wii should be fine.

All new games cost that much?

Most brand-spanking new games here cost €49.90 ($69 PS2 titles) up to €69.90 ($97 X360 and PS3 titles)

Someone said that $50 is too much?

EDIT: 200MYR is around USD57

All new games cost that much?

Most brand-spanking new games here cost €49.90 ($69 PS2 titles) up to €69.90 ($97 X360 and PS3 titles)

Someone said that $50 is too much?

EDIT: 200MYR is around USD57

Ok, when you put it that way, it seems their along the lines of Canadia pricing for the most part, except we don't exceed 79.99. When you put it that way, Agozer & euro land seem to get the short end of the stick compared to ther est of us.

Yes well, I've come to the point where I think that everything >= €40 ($55) is surprisingly cheap.

That's Scandinavian economy for you.

uhm, don't you mean <= €40?

I hope you don't program ;p

Yes well, I've come to the point where I think that everything >= €40 ($55) is surprisingly cheap.

That's Scandinavian economy for you.

uhm, don't you mean

I hope you don't program ;p

Yeah, I meant

Although the sarcastic tone of >=€40 is well worth it.