Career choices

Shoma

Indeed! Fellow veterans! And my fellow fans! I have returned after a long hiatus!...

I've been mainly getting my life ready for independence and I've been brought to a cross-road...

Indeed it is my passion to write(not baseball) but i need a secondary job to bring in the cash while I'm writing... MY other passion is Gaming... I want to help and create games(mainly that of the fighting genre :) ) however i have no true experiences in making/designing one. So since i don't have this knowledge, would it be a "waste", to go to the Art Institute or ITT (w/e) and seek that profession?

Do those career colleges expect to already know a "decent" amount about game design when I arrive?

I just dont want to waste some years on a career that I might flock at^^...

Or should i just go to a 4-year and major in anything so i can have degree to flash off?

Edited by Shoma

Kind of hard to say, especially since you don't know whether or not your going to be good at it.

I'd say go to a community college and finish general credits since you seem indecisive atm.

1.Take out a loan

2.Buy some sort of concession stand

3.Sell food at festivals and fairs

4. ...

5. Profit

You can make $1K a day if you're selling the right product at the right events, plus the loan is a lot smaller than a college loan. If you really get going, you could live off of a week of cash from a big event like a state fair and just write the rest of the year (or slack off, it's your call).

1.Take out a loan

2.Buy some sort of concession stand

3.Sell food at festivals and fairs

4. ...

5. Profit

You can make $1K a day if you're selling the right product at the right events, plus the loan is a lot smaller than a college loan. If you really get going, you could live off of a week of cash from a big event like a state fair and just write the rest of the year (or slack off, it's your call).

Sounds like a gamble to me.

Nearly every business is a gamble, but I just watched it work, and there seems to be no shortage of success stories from others I've spoken to in the business.

If it's so great then why isnt everyone doing it?

Nearly every business is a gamble, but I just watched it work, and there seems to be no shortage of success stories from others I've spoken to in the business.

If it's so great then why isnt everyone doing it?

Might just not be their thing. Might not even think about it. Maybe it's harder for some to get into events than others. I don't really know. The fact is, I'm sitting here watching these people make money, and I'm making money, and it fits with what I do, and 'I think' it would fit with what he does. It's up to him whether he wants to take the gamble or not.

Yeeeeahhh.. My time is running out as well.... When January comes.... Its do or die...

Hmmm... HOw troublesome...

But its just like any other career right? If i major in teaching/colanary arts.

You'll never know if you'll be good at it.

Even 4-year colleges are not something thats a sure-thing, right? wrong?

Yeeeeahhh.. My time is running out as well.... When January comes.... Its do or die...

Hmmm... HOw troublesome...

But its just like any other career right? If i major in teaching/colanary arts.

You'll never know if you'll be good at it.

Even 4-year colleges are not something thats a sure-thing, right? wrong?

Well the majority of people at 4-year colleges are undecided.

But when I walk into the classroom, are they gonna be like, "okay, if you check your screen you'll notice a model that has not received 6 commands from the *blah blah blah*"....

And I'll be like....WHAT!?!?!

Or will they start from the extreme basics?