SiCKO

Alpha

Moore's argument is that in America, all the co-pays and fees add up to a higher amount paid for the health care portion of the tax. The second thing is that it IS FREE. There's a big difference when you're in country like America and you can't afford the surgery on your leg. Whereas, you can just go into a French hospital (citizen of course) and they'll operate on it for free.

You can walk into any hospital and they are required to fix you up. Whether you can pay them or not is not a big deal. You can also not pay your "medical bills" in America and just get sent to collections, which will lower your fee and try to work with you. Also, if you get treated somewhere like at a memorial hospital -- you can pay $1/month and they will stay off your back. Getting taken care of at a hospital is just as easy as it sounds. In and out and you honestly don't have to pay a flocking dime.

I'm also speaking from the I-don't-have-insurance point-of-view about of all this. I don't and I haven't paid a flocking dime for my medical bills and I don't have to -- it's fully covered by the hospital.

I dont know about you but when my brother had a bill from the hospital he called them and told them he could not pay it. They then told him they will detuct a certain amount and then he would HAVE TO PAY THE REST. He tried to get rid of it but he then ended paying it because he HAD NO CHOICE. THis happened alot of times to him.

I dont know about you but when my brother had a bill from the hospital he called them and told them he could not pay it. They then told him they will detuct a certain amount and then he would HAVE TO PAY THE REST. He tried to get rid of it but he then ended paying it because he HAD NO CHOICE. THis happened alot of times to him.

It's his own fault for paying it, you're not going to get arrested for not being able to pay for your hospital visit. The company's will tell you that you're going to be sent to collections, which most people know will lower your credit. However, your medical bill credentials can't be held against you in the real world, so it's completely nullified.

It's his own fault for paying it, you're not going to get arrested for not being able to pay for your hospital visit. The company's will tell you that you're going to be sent to collections, which most people know will lower your credit. However, your medical bill credentials can't be held against you in the real world, so it's completely nullified.

But you still have to go through all that hassle. The letters you get, the waiting and the time consuming is a pain in the nuts. You dont have to go through all that in France.

wait so your saying you live in the US, they are required to fix you up, so you go in, and either dont pay them or pay them 1 dollar a month and you completely get away with this?

Everytime i go there i have to deal with like 20 minutes of insurance garbage, if you can really do that im going to start right now.

Letters in the mail are a pain in the ass? Are you kidding me? Jesus.

When he got letters in the mail he had to call them and have to go through hours until something was resolved between the two. It was the after math that was the problem, and just seeing the letter is a pain in the ass for whats going to come.

Thats what I meant.

wait so your saying you live in the US, they are required to fix you up, so you go in, and either dont pay them or pay them 1 dollar a month and you completely get away with this?

Everytime i go there i have to deal with like 20 minutes of insurance garbage, if you can really do that im going to start right now.

Yep, go right now. Say you don't have insurance (and you don't) and then fill out a financial aid form and go from there.

whether u wanna go through the hassel of paying your medical bills or not, american healthcare is seriously flawed. yes hospitals are required to give u service if u come in regardless if u can pay or not but if u have a job and do not pay they will garnish your wages to get their money. but here is even more messed up stats if u have insurance and a job you pay your bill. if u r poor or lower class u can get the same treatment the state pays for it which is funded by working class citizens who in retrospect paying for everyones health care for people who feel they dont have to pay. dont get me wrong, i think everyone should have free healthcare, but dont brag about the fact your are mooching off taxpayers cuz u dont pay your medical bills. america needs to wake up and smell the coffee on healtch care reform we are really like one of the only countries where we are still as citizens paying for healthcare and we are letting the govt get away with it.

I'm sorry that you pay for insurance and medical bills? You're going to end up paying one way or another, solidius23. Do your homework on foreign health care systems and compare them to ours. Find out where the payment originates. Find out if it's really truly free. Give me a real good breakdown and comparison. Nowhere did I say it's not flawed, and I hate so many other aspects of America... nothing in this country is perfect, but there are ways around everything, my friend.

Also, what part of southern Arkansas are you from?

Edited by olaf