GameTap's FREE Service!

Alpha

Never liked the idea of paying for emulated games.

Well, it's considered the legal way (if anybody is interested).

Considering the matter that emulation is free and currently legal to use. I don;t see much of a difference of what being more legal. Indeed the only thing not being legal apart of emulation is only the users behalf of obtaining illegal non-owned games aka roms, iso's, gcm's, xbe's,and so on.

However Gametap requires users to pay for what now are "some" games for just $1 dollar. Yet there are monthly fees for what? for using the emu it self? for logging? its a huge rip off that some people with less experience would fail to notice.

Edited by Gabriel

how exactly? does SNK officially endorse it? do they rent their games to sites like these? IMO they should name it GameTRAP :rolleyes:

SNK gets a cut from the monthly fees for giving GameTap the license to use their games. All companies who have games on GameTap get money for it.

Considering the matter that emulation is free and currently legal to use. I don;t see much of a difference of what being more legal. Indeed the only thing not being legal apart of emulation is only the users behalf of obtaining illegal non-owned games aka roms, iso's, gcm's, xbe's,and so on.

Emulators are legal but downloading the games are not, just like you mention. What GameTap does is let you play the games legally. Forget about how it's done because it is not important, it's only about letting people play old games that you can't find anymore.

However Gametap requires users to pay for what now are "some" games for just $1 dollar. Yet there are monthly fees for what? for using the emu it self? for logging? its a huge rip off that some people with less experience would fail to notice.

The fees are for playing the games. How hard is that to understand?

how exactly? does SNK officially endorse it? do they rent their games to sites like these? IMO they should name it GameTRAP :thumbsup1:

SNK gets a cut from the monthly fees for giving GameTap the license to use their games. All companies who have games on GameTap get money for it.

Emulators are legal but downloading the games are not, just like you mention. What GameTap does is let you play the games legally. Forget about how it's done because it is not important, it's only about letting people play old games that you can't find anymore.

The fees are for playing the games. How hard is that to understand?

There is really nothing difficult about understanding. Some of these games are probably worth less, though are still overpriced. But i guess this is how you make money.

You can find a used crazy taxi game which would cost maybe $2-$6 dollars here in the US. Thats is a one time fee aswell. On Gametap they would probably charge over abit more. But is that all they would charge you? subscription? I understand they have every right to charge whatever they want. But still as i mentioned earlier people who don't know very much will get suckered into this, Nothing else.

But i guess if you don't own a video game system and you like the game so much, Your obligated todo as you like.

Edited by Gabriel