Playing GC on my computer

The newer computers can do, i believe. My parents have output/input (video/audio) on their cpu. Then again i never tested this out.

I didn't realize CPUs had AV ports.........hmm, have to check my new Athlon X2.

Anyway, judging by his wording, he could mean either emulate or hook his Cube up to his PC monitor. In the case of the latter, the cost of doing so would be VERY not worth it buddy.

For Cube on VGA you would need 1 thing and some know-how with electronics, or the same 1 thing + another.

1: A Gamecube component video cable. Hacked for VGA. Cable is near non-existant these days, and you'll pay nearly the price of a brand new Cube for one.

2: A Gamecube component video cable, and a Neoya X2VGA. You could easily buy 2 Cubes for the price of these things.

If it's an emulator you seek, forget about it. You can't play anything well enough to be bothered, except for Puzzle Bobble 2k. Even if you have a top of the line PC, most of the games that do run at a playable speed, have enough glitches to make them impractical to play. Buy a Cube and a modchip.

I am trying to hook it up to my PC and NOT USE AN EMULATOR. I figured it out but its very slow. My system specs are:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ 2.60 GHz

RAM 1918

32 bit operating system

NVIDIA Geforce 6150SE nForce 430

I would think this is enough as my computer had a tv tuner already built into it. Is their a way to make it faster?

TV tuner make/model would probably help. If it can only handle 30fps, that's not going to help any, plus you simply have lag in the processing time to begin with, with ANY consumer line tuner card. TV tuner cards are not designed to handle realtime input, even when you watch TV on them using tuner software, it's not realtime. The playback is shown post-processing.

Simply put, it's just not a good idea. You'll need to go the Component > VGA route. And it's too expensive to be worth it, even if you have other consoles you'd use an X2VGA with.....the Cube component cable is expensive.

However, if you're set on getting one, I suggest you ask someone from Australia to help you. Nintendo of Australia still has them in stock (I had a friend get me one not even 6 months ago). You'll pay less than you would on Ebay, but they're still marked up like all that is imported for sale in Australia. I think I paid something like $52 CAD for mine with shipping.

well screw that idea i guess. One thing that was bothering me was that it said that my computer has directx 10. I thought nvidia 8 series could only support directx 10.

well screw that idea i guess. One thing that was bothering me was that it said that my computer has directx 10. I thought nvidia 8 series could only support directx 10.

and you must have vista to get directx10 ill never have dx10 unless it comes for xp or until another 4-5 years pass

and you must have vista to get directx10 ill never have dx10 unless it comes for xp or until another 4-5 years pass

Robert Posted something Quite Awesome a while ago. Someone is in the works of emulating DX10 on XP.